Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Deiknymi - Puzzle Game (New Today!)

Deiknymi on iTunes here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deiknymi/id597382429?mt=8

My name is Chris and am co-founder of Two Robots. We just released our first large scale game called 'Deiknymi' for the iPad. This is by far our best release yet. It's a maze game with a twist. The user has to maneuver through a maze that progressively gets harder as you go, while finding ciphers and clues in order to solve each level. A lot of thought has gone into the game story and has been transposed into actual elements on the board (i.e. each room is actually a letter (all levels spell a phrase, each solution room letter spells a word, each level solution has a word jumble in it, within the story itself there are hidden elements, all the way down to the teeth on the footer drawer (dot, dot, dash, dot dot (morse code for the number 3), etc.). The user can go as deep as they want with this game to draw as much or as little as they want, though still have a challenging experience while playing the game. If you are able to, please check it out and let me know if you like it.

All suggestions are welcome as always.

Sincerely,
Chris Campbell
Two Robots
[ o_0 ]
Attached Images
File Type: png mzl.andjzmnu.png (445.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg mzl.closqodw.jpg (67.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png mzl.fygvzmbn.png (565.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png mzl.qnaeefoo.png (490.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png mzl.quhgjzvl.png (489.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by centinel3; 02-04-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I was extremely excited to read the description on this game. It sounded challenging and compelling and completely original. I bought it without a second thought at all. And, honestly, I have no regrets; I'm merely disappointed either in my own lack of intelligence (of which I believed I possessed a modicum more than most -mea culpa) or in the lack of instructions on the app, the requisite and ancillary encryption/decryption app, or on any web pages related to the game.

I hold out hope that at some point in the near future, everything shall be demystified for me by the devs or my fellow TA gamers who have tastes akin to my own, running in the enigmatic, esoteric, and puzzle-solving veins. So until that day when all (or at least enough that I can begin) shall be made clear, Deiknymi will sit alluringly but irksomely on my tablet untouched but waiting.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Deiknymi - Tutorial is on it's way

@Sharontung66

Thank you for your comment and your cudos to my first game. You are 100% right that the tutorial should be better represented in the game. I have worked on some of that tutorial and will be adding it to the game in an upcoming release. In the interim I have attached the slides for you to view (feedback is always appreciated).

I will also make it clear that you most certainly need the ancillary Cipher Tool application in order to play the game with any real chance of solving the levels. Great feedback Sharontung66 and thank you again for your thoughts on my game.

Sincerely,
Chris Campbell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tutorial-1.jpg (214.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-2.jpg (178.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-3.jpg (197.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-4.jpg (204.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-5.jpg (211.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-6.jpg (174.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Chris,

The intro mentions to download the cipher tool app which says it is free. Sadly it is not..it is $1.99 in the App Store, using the link inside the game.

Thomas
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the comment @Cofunguy, We have been toggling between the thought of having the game paid and the tool free, or the reverse. WE have now tried it both ways and are open to your thoughts on this. When I made the switch the last time I did edit the description on the Deiknymi iTunes page. sorry for any confusion and thank you again for the comment and the consideration. -Chris
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centinel3 View Post
Thanks for the comment @Cofunguy, We have been toggling between the thought of having the game paid and the tool free, or the reverse. WE have now tried it both ways and are open to your thoughts on this. When I made the switch the last time I did edit the description on the Deiknymi iTunes page. sorry for any confusion and thank you again for the comment and the consideration. -Chris
Just wanted to point out the fact that the description inside the app says free when it isn't. Thus the intro page inside the app needs to reflect the change.

Now if I can just figure out this first cypher!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Looks interesting. Are there any videos on he way?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I will be doing some videos soon. -Chris