Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Looking for the name of a match 3 war game

Hello,

I saw a thread once, but dismissed it because it didn't seem appealing at first. Now I regret not copying the name down somewhere. I have combed the forums for days trying to look for a picture of the video I saw, but I have failed to find it again. If anybody knows what the name of the game I'm about to explain is, I would be very grateful if you could tell me.

Basically, it's a 2d match-3 game with a top-down perspective. You have your 6(rows) x 8(columns)(I think, I don't remember the exact layout) of troops comprising of warriors, magicians, and rangers at the bottom of the screen. At the top are the enemies, ranging anywhere from 4-8+ foes. You have to match up 3 warriors/magicians/rangers to initiate an attack. For example, if you make a match in a column, that enter column goes to attack, regardless of whether there's an actual enemy. Similarly, if you make a match in a row, those 3 soldiers will charge forward and attack whatever's in that row. Archer appeared to be able to hit the enemy from anywhere on the screen.

If successfully making a match allowed for another match to form, the combo attack continues until no more matches are made. Every 3 matches or so, the enemy would prepare to attack and you would only have a limited amount of time to kill it before it executed its attack.

Once again, I would be extremely grateful to the person who knows the name of this game to let me know what it was called.

Thank you very much.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I think you mean Puzzle Saga. If that's the one you're in luck,it's free right now. Excellent game btw.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
I think you mean Puzzle Saga. If that's the one you're in luck,it's free right now. Excellent game btw.
Hello Krautboy,

I just entered the name into iTunes and took a quick look at the screenshots. It matches exactly what I saw before, so I just want to say that I'm very grateful that you knew the name of the game :].

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Also heroes of might and magic is the same type of game and there's one more but forgot the name
This "one more" is what im interested in. I love this type of match-3 a lot, so i want to have this "one more" too.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

@ Ruzu
You're very welcome.

The " one more" you're looking for is probably chronoSgear (yes,that s is capital). There is a lite version if i recall correctly.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I bought cronoSgear years ago. Nice match rpg game. It may be Elemental Symphony. Try both to see if they are the game your looking for. Elemental symphony is similar to a match game but closer to that of plants vs zombies style. But all in all the same as in you place your warriors to battle.