• Publisher: PhobosLab
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: X-Type is a crazy space Shoot'em'Up with endless boss battles. Each time you defeat a boss, the next one will come back even bigger and meaner. You have to evade hundreds of bullets while taking out the enemy part by part.

Features precise dual analog stick controls and Game Center integration with Highscore lists and over a dozen of different Achievements!

phoboslab's comments:
Hey I'm PhobosLab, you may remember me from such arcade classics as Biolab Disaster or DropJS.

Today, I want to show you my newest game, X-Type:

It's an Endless-Boss-Battle-Arcade-Shoot'em'Up, complete with GameCenter Leaderboards and Achievements. No Ads, no In-App purchases.

For the curious, the game was made with the Impact Game Engine and ported to iOS using Ejecta. You can play the HTML5 version here.
02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Aside from the space issue due to the cramped-ness of a portrait oriented dual-stick shooter, I quite like this. It somewhat reminds me of another dual-stick iOS shooter from a while back, Space Boss, even the artwork shares a general look. All of which are good things, as I quite liked Space Boss, dunno if it ever caught on with anyone else, though. At any rate, this is more of a bullet-hell shooter. Serious kudos to the dev on this one. Well done.

Absolutely free. And no IAP in sight.

02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
^ agreed! Pretty fun, but cramped controls. Maybe an option for landscape mode..but otherwise, fun game!

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-08-2013, 03:43 PM
I agree with the above posters. I'll probably give it a shot on the iPad as well, to see if I prefer the controls there.
Otherwise, this is a no-nonsense shooter that plays kind of like a twin-stick rRootage. And it's free without ads or IAP. Definitely worth a look.
02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Fun game, definitely needs landscape support

Anyone ever play the freeware shmup Warning Forever? The dev definitely got his inspiration from that game. WF was a boss only game and bosses would adapt and learn from your strategies
02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Had a quick spin with it - quick enjoying it actually, especially on the iPad Mini, where it's easy enough to hold & use both virtual sticks.

Really dig the formula (as with Warning Forever as well), but to be honest - I think the only change I'd want would be to ditch the fixed sticks, which would really help out when running on the iPhone
02-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Excellent shump (rank 18 on leaderboard).My only issue with game is left analog stick needs to be more responsive.Besides that all else is good.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
02-11-2013, 11:21 PM
I remember the same guys also doing Z Type. Awesome work on this.
02-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Not a bad game at all. Would be nice if it's in landscape mode though.
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey Phobos, this looks great! Thanks for your lovely library of freebies.

Have you ever gone back to add more to Biolab Disaster? Loved that game but it was crazy short.

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 02-12-2013 at 05:50 PM.