Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM
actionrpg8000 actionrpg8000 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 181
Default Favorite "expensive" iOS game

I have arrived somewhat late to iOS gaming. Prior to getting my iPhone last October I did all my gaming on a psp or ds (obviously I enjoy mobile gaming). Being used to mainly psp gaming I was surprised by iOS pricing structure, which seemed to relate anything over $1 as expensive.
I am interested in what people's favorite "expensive" iOS game is. I recently bought Starbase Orion for $7.99. I was impressed that the dev stated it would not go free, and has had no sales after the intro sale, which was over a year ago. The game is phenomenal, and I wouldn't have batted an eye at paying over twice the price for a similar game on the psp.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM
3n+r0py 3n+r0py is offline
Junior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18
Default

TWEWY for me. Great production values and deep gameplay.

CHAOS rings (the 1st and omega) too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 AM
DigitalB33R DigitalB33R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 809
Default

Spend $10 on Dead Space for iPad.

That was worth it.

Pretty sure I bought all the NOVA and MC games on full price too expect for MC4.

Infinity Blade I and II were both worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,317
Default

Hmmm... Smurf Village. Invested like $1.200 or something in Smurf Berries.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:59 PM
awp69 awp69 is offline
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Hmmm... Smurf Village. Invested like $1.200 or something in Smurf Berries.
Please, please tell me this is a joke. Or you can feel free to send a couple hundred my way.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM
KennyK KennyK is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
Default

Fish Vs. Birds.

Best $350.00 I've ever spent
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Please, please tell me this is a joke. Or you can feel free to send a couple hundred my way.

This is a joke! Really, just kidding!

But tbh, some of my favourite "expensives" are:

- Final Fantasy IV
- Summoner Wars
- Ghost Trick
- all Chaos Rings
and many more.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Isilel Isilel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 998
Default

Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

Last edited by Isilel; 02-17-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM
DannyTheElite DannyTheElite is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Default

Football manager 2013
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

How the heck did you get an earmark into your iDevice?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent