Favorite "expensive" iOS game

02-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Favorite "expensive" iOS game

I have arrived somewhat late to iOS gaming. Prior to getting my iPhone last October I did all my gaming on a psp or ds (obviously I enjoy mobile gaming). Being used to mainly psp gaming I was surprised by iOS pricing structure, which seemed to relate anything over $1 as expensive.
I am interested in what people's favorite "expensive" iOS game is. I recently bought Starbase Orion for $7.99. I was impressed that the dev stated it would not go free, and has had no sales after the intro sale, which was over a year ago. The game is phenomenal, and I wouldn't have batted an eye at paying over twice the price for a similar game on the psp.
02-16-2013, 09:37 PM
TWEWY for me. Great production values and deep gameplay.

CHAOS rings (the 1st and omega) too.

02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Spend $10 on Dead Space for iPad.

That was worth it.

Pretty sure I bought all the NOVA and MC games on full price too expect for MC4.

Infinity Blade I and II were both worth it.
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Hmmm... Smurf Village. Invested like $1.200 or something in Smurf Berries.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Hmmm... Smurf Village. Invested like $1.200 or something in Smurf Berries.
Please, please tell me this is a joke. Or you can feel free to send a couple hundred my way.
02-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Fish Vs. Birds.

Best $350.00 I've ever spent
02-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Please, please tell me this is a joke. Or you can feel free to send a couple hundred my way.

This is a joke! Really, just kidding!

But tbh, some of my favourite "expensives" are:

- Final Fantasy IV
- Summoner Wars
- Ghost Trick
- all Chaos Rings
and many more.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen

Last edited by Isilel; 02-17-2013 at 07:28 AM.
02-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Football manager 2013
02-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

How the heck did you get an earmark into your iDevice?