I tried most of those highlighted here and on an ipad the result is not that great because of the ipad:
- The Magic Blackboard: It has a play window very very blurry up to make it unpleasant to play on an ipad.
- SuperBall 3: I bought it in HD and it has important fps problems making it unpleasant to play on an ipad.
- Reflexion: Its gameplay doesn't match an ipad because it requires a free hand and one hand to tilt for activating a temporary slow motion, but the ipad is too heavy for such gameplay.
- Radial 50: The demo crash a lot.
- Space Buster: I had already tried the HD version named HD Brick Breaker, this version highlight a major weakness, an important lack of visibility and confusing bonus. The iphone version doesn't suffer as much of the problem but still quite a bit and I'm under the negative feeling coming from the HD version.
- Ball Slam Fantasy: I can't succeed control the ball direction, not sure it comes from the ipad.
- Meteor HD: The sensation are good, the gameplay is clear, and the special pad is working well. But it is too easy, it lacks of fantasy and features and levels seems not enough different, after 40+ levels played I gave up.
- Alien Breakout: It is very basic from a Bricks Breaker point of view and any comics won't help much.
- BrickBreaker: On an ipad, with its big bricks, its very basic first levels that look even more basic when enlarged, this highlight even more an approach a bit too basic, at least for first levels, those are enough to make me stop play it more.
So among those quoted in this thread (including by me), this let playing well on an ipad:
- Brick Breaker Deluxe 2: Despite it's an iphone game, on an ipad it's clearly the best of those I tried.
- Arkanoid: I forgot how good was the gameplay and the port is well done. But on some points I'd like a deeper remake instead of a more or less direct port, still great but the levels are certainly too big, the ball is tiny, and it is missing a save feature to allow pause a campaign and come back later.
- Jet Ball: It was free but isn't anymore and if you want update it you'll have to buy it. Also it propose more levels for a cheap price. It isn't as cool than SuperBall 3 would be if it hasn't fps problems, but it's quite a same approach and good enough. It is more modern, with more focus on reflex and fast action than on reflexion and precise control of the ball.
- Enchanted Forest and Bricks of Camelot: Despite the second is an iphone game it seems done for an ipad with very detailed sprites and levels, complex levels using a landscape. Also both have levels with many different area making play them a little like you are exploring a little area. Enchanted Forest has sharper graphics on an ipad due to its design for it but Bricks of Camelot almost suffer the comparison despite it a a little blurry if you look carefully and close. Both has many features, perhaps Bricks of Camelot have a but more. But both don't have as much features than big Brick Breaker like BBD2 or Arkanoid, Enchanted Forest has more mood in my opinion but Bricks of Camelot does well anyway. Both has some manageable problem with touch control not letting enough place bellow the bottom and that tend to make you lost the control sometime when your finger ripe out of the borders. But you can do with it or even use a tilt control, less efficient but more comfortable if you get used to it.
I edit this post because after to have buy Paper Breaker and my feeling is hugely different. The full version is universal alas the iPad version is full of flaws.
First point is the play area is only half the screen making it a lot smaller than the ipod lite doubled. The second point is that there's ton of bugs of menus collapsing above each other. The third point is it crash each time you record you final score. The fourth point is the ugliest it is a lot more difficult up to be boring because, it is a lot faster and no option can change that and the overall design is a crap, for example in iphone version the larger pad makes sense covering an important part when in ipad it is close to be pointless. One more port to ipad badly done.