Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Default Best Tetris Attack Clone?

I've played a few match 3 games on the iphone and found a few that had similar core gameplay to the amazing Tetris Attack for SNES (or panel de pon or planet puzzle league) such as aurora feint and chain3, but both were missing what allowed Tetris Attack to provide an endless amount of challenge and entertainment: the vs. mode. Whether against the computer or multiplayer via wifi like in planet puzzle league on the DS (which I've never played but desperately want to) is there any game that offers some sort of versus challenge with the same match 3 gameplay, and some sort of way to attack by making long chains on the app store that I haven't found?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
iPhone 4

Search for "Rising Blocks". It's what you want.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 PM

I bought it without trying the lite version first cause it was only 99c and I trust the people on this site, and I played it for about three seconds before I wet myself in excitement at the vs mode. Thanks a lot tetrad for the heads up.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I bought it without trying the lite version first cause it was only 99c and I trust the people on this site, and I played it for about three seconds before I wet myself in excitement at the vs mode. Thanks a lot tetrad for the heads up.
lol i thought you would say "i played for 3 seconds before i deleted it"
Old 01-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Rising Blocks without a doubt, paid $2.99 for it and it was WELL worth it!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM

Could you explain the gameplay a bit more please? This looks interesting but I don't know if I want it yet.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM

nope, just wanted to do a little misleading there. but specifically just seeing the mini representation of the computer i'm playing against's game excited me, I was expecting just like some weird representation of how they were doing with no graphic. I only wish the multiplayer was worldwide and not limited to a common wifi, and the vs. mode had a story to go along with it with many levels, tbut this is easily the best dollar I've spend on the app store. I highly highly recommend it to anyone who has played tetris attack in the past or is a current fan of aurora feint.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Boooooo!
I just bought without question as Tetris Attack is my favorite game. This one is to easy, I went to VS. And put it on level 8 (ruthless) and beat the pc my first try in 48 seconds.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:25 AM

I just released an update to Super Juicy which has multiplayer similar to Tetris Attack. I'd love to hear any feedback you have if you decide to try it out:

[appinfo2]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-juicy/id328568119?mt=8[/appinfo2]

Last edited by GregH; 02-27-2010 at 10:09 AM..