iPad: Upcoming iPad Games

03-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Upcoming iPad Games

It's clear that there are a lot of big iPad games coming down the line, so we've opened this iPad specific upcoming game section to focus on them in the lead up to the iPad launch.

Basically, rules are the same as the Upcoming iPhone Games section but for iPad specific games.

arn
03-19-2010, 03:45 AM
new section should be cool

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Awesome! Thanks arn! I'll have to get my own dual-stick game listed at some point. (I was planning to wait until closer to release date, but if I hear interest from other users I'll post some screenies. Hint, hint. )

To other devs: I don't recommend posting screenshots that include the simulator frame. From what I understand, that is still NDA information.
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
Awesome! Thanks arn! I'll have to get my own dual-stick game listed at some point. (I was planning to wait until closer to release date, but if I hear interest from other users I'll post some screenies. Hint, hint. )

To other devs: I don't recommend posting screenshots that include the simulator frame. From what I understand, that is still NDA information.
How would that work on ipad?

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
How would that work on ipad?
I'm interested in this as well. Any devs care to comment on how any game with a virtual gamepad will work on the ipad? It seems like it would be difficult to hold the ipad the way you'd need to for that type of control scheme.
03-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilStugots View Post
I'm interested in this as well. Any devs care to comment on how any game with a virtual gamepad will work on the ipad? It seems like it would be difficult to hold the ipad the way you'd need to for that type of control scheme.
This link might help. As you can see from the photo, it's a bit easier to hold and manipulate than one might think.

The controls in Coverfire are presented as two virtual D-Pads. In reality, they're partway between a D-Pad and Thumbstick. You can tap on a given direction to activate the control, or you can hold the screen and slide around to the appropriate direction.

I have done numerous simulations with this control scheme. It has proven to be comfortable, accurate, and responsive. My aim is to challenge players with the game, not challenge them with the controls.

Due to this commitment, Coverfire won't come out until *after* the hardware release. I want the opportunity to tune the controls for the most comfortable experience possible.
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Shock Football coming to iPad

Our electric football simulator "Super Shock Football" is coming to the iPad. We're targeting launch day right now and have lots of new features not found in the iphone version such as additional teams, weather effects, and new gameplay features. Check out the original iPhone game thread HERE.

New media showing off the iPad build coming soon

Hope you all like it!

Steamroller Studios maker of Super Shock Football
Latest News: Super Shock Football HD hits the App Store
Super Shock Football HD on TouchArcade
For more info check out our Website or follow us on Twitter.
03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
The Creeps! will be making an appearance on the iPad!

Larger maps, high resolution graphics plus a new tower.

I'll post images and more details here later
03-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
The Creeps! will be making an appearance on the iPad!

Larger maps, high resolution graphics plus a new tower.

I'll post images and more details here later
The Creeps on iPad!! Still one of my favorite!! I will be looking forward to this one... "ohh, it hurts..."

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-20-2010, 12:23 AM
But, shouldn't devs still focus efforts on iphone since that's where most of their customers are?