★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Match 3 app for the iPad?

08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Best Match 3 app for the iPad?

I really like Babo Crash HD. I also love Call of Atlantis, but it looks pretty fuzzy on my iPad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Smiles HD maybe??

08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes Call of Atlantis is great but there's no ipad version. Baboo Crash HD is very fun but I stop be attracted a bit fast, a bit too much garbage that get me lost. Also one failure of the game is to not succeed make you feel you plays series of really different levels, each is too similar to the previous, despite they gradually change.

For me the best match 3 game I know that you can play on iPad is Puzzle Quest, people that think there's a lot of random just haven't understand/found all the tactics you can use and classes really play differently. Alas it looks very very blurry on ipad but it is good enough to enjoy play it anyway.

Super Juicy HD is also a good original match 3 game that mixes tap reflex with match 3. I don't feel it as good than Puzzle Quest and Call of Atlantis but it's a good game.

There's also DreamBalls HD it's a sophisticated match 3 game but for me one game last too long, it takes a long time before you start feel it becomes challenging. I'm not sure of this one yet. Instead there's perhaps SteamBalls HD which also has a lite version unlike DreamBalls. Quote that among those I quote it's the only one not having any mode with levels designed, it focus more on making high score and I tend not like this gaming approach.

I have a last suggestion for you, to try Tesserae HD, it's not a match 3 game but it's a sort of puzzle in a same large familly. There's only 6 boards but each board has three levels of difficulty involving a sum of 18 different setup types and the initial position of each has random. Really a great puzzle game for me better than Call of Atlantis but it can't beat Puzzle Quest.
08-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Thanks for your reply! I do have Puzzle Quest, and have played it through twice. I also have Smiles HD, and enjoy it. I'll have to check out Tesserae HD.

I appreciate the time you took to reply!

Anybody else?
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
My favourites are

Azkend HD
10 Talisman
7 Wonders
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
wait for Puzzle Quest 2. It's a lot better balanced and more interesting than the first game.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
08-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by epedemix View Post
Smiles HD maybe??
Smiles HD definitely gets my vote.

l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Try dragon portals and action bricks.
08-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Smailes HD and Puzzle Quest are my favourite, Peppers is not bad too!
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Some newer ones...

Zookeeper DX (single) or Battle (multi)
Candy Crush