• Publisher: Chaotic Box
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (18)
App description: Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!

CONTROLS: Flick Up, Down, Left, and Right anywhere on the screen to change direction. Tap with 2 fingers to activate a powerup. Alternate control styles are available in the settings menu and can be fully tweaked to your preference.

Reviews
- IGN: 8.5/10 "Editors' Choice"
- GamePro/PCWorld: 5 out of 5
- Touch Arcade: 4.5 out of 5
- The Electric Playground: 9/10 and 8/10
- WIRED Magazine: 8 out of 10
- 148apps: 4.5 out of 5
- Yahoo's Appolicious: 5 out of 5
- Eurogamer: 8 out of 10
- AppAdvice: 4.5/5 "MUST BUY"
- Pocket Gamer: 8/10 "Silver Award"

- Reaper Mode -
Charge your POW and avoid enemies with the awesome Time Shock powerup. Earn MAX POW and turn the tables on your foes!

- Onslaught Mode -
Destroy waves of enemies as quickly as possible to avoid an overwhelming swarm. Drive up your score multiplier to rack up points and earn extra lives.

- Scavenger Mode -
Keep your POW from draining by destroying enemies and collecting tasty Protons.

- Haste Mode -
A constant race to max out your POW and defeat your foes. Full-on intense action right out of the gate!

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)

ChaoticBox's comments:
Read the Touch Arcade Review!

11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Looks fun. I like your other work (pollywog and pinch n pop).

11-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Looks like spirit, but zoomed in and with bombs!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Dear Frank Condello,

I write you a private message and hope you are able to answer me

Thanks very much
11-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Here's my problem: I used to have silverfish all over in my basement and I've got a phobia about those disgusting little things. They're creepier than cockroaches to me. So while the game looks pretty cool, I don't think I can stomach seeing a silverfish, not even a stylish neon one!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Here's my problem: I used to have silverfish all over in my basement and I've got a phobia about those disgusting little things. They're creepier than cockroaches to me. So while the game looks pretty cool, I don't think I can stomach seeing a silverfish, not even a stylish neon one!
Lol that is the best reason I have read for not purchasing a game
11-09-2010, 05:32 AM
It's really good! And impressed with the mode variation. I'm already addicted to Reaper.

Last edited by amroc; 11-09-2010 at 05:37 AM.
11-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amroc View Post
It's really good! And impressed with the mode variation. I'm already addicted to Reaper.
Agreed very good game gorgeous graphics

Edit: The more I play this the better it gets I think this could be and should be a big hit on the app store

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 11-09-2010 at 06:57 AM.
11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
The more I play this the better it gets I think this could be and should be a big hit on the app store
Yeah, it deserves to be. Hopefully TA will review it.
11-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Honestly, sad to say, but I'm right there with you.

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!