Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: What starter did you choose?
Snivy 20 41.67%
Oshawott 18 37.50%
Tepig 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Pokemon X and Y

Pokemon Black and White is released today in the US, and Europe two days ago. I thought I would start a thread so that people can share their experiences and their opinions or just say if you're enjoying this game or not.

This thread can also function as a trade/battle request thread is you wish.

I also put in a poll so you can select the pokemon you chose/are going to choose once you can get your hands on one.

All the information you need to know:
Black and White Pokedex
Exclusive Pokemons/Stuff

Past Event Pokemons:
- Celebi can be downloaded today only as it's the last day to download it. It's required for the Zorua event ingame.
- Victini can be downloaded starting today thru April 10.

Current Events:
- Munna C-gear skin can be downloaded from the Dream World with this password: PGLDR34M.
- Pokemon VCG Championships are underway.
- Dream World eveelutions are able to be downloaded if you played and won the Breakout game.

For more general stuff, serebii.net has a bunch of information. You can discuss this amazing game, send out requests for trades and battles or post your team! If you post your friend code, I will edit this post to add you to the list so people can find some TA people to trade/battle with easier.

Friend Codes:
Quote:
1. 3653 9897 7638 - MystikSun
2. 4169 3825 8951 - 5duc29
3. 2752 0428 2671 - Rocketman919
4. 1721 3083 4923 - Watabou

Last edited by Watabou; 01-08-2013 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: new generation update
Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Just got Black along with the Collector's Edition handbook. Playing while I do homework hahaha
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I beat the Japanese version of White a while ago. I'm probably going to buy the inevitable Gray version when it is released in the US.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

One word... Racist!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
One word... Racist!
they named it black and white becuz of the 2 chinse symbel's

and it's not Racist
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Serious question: Can you move on the diagonal yet?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

I would like to get White version but I'm just not diggin' the new 3D look for pokemon games. I would take Pokemon Crystal over the new games any day. I guess I will wait for reviews and if the critics seem to like it I will consider buying.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
One word... Racist!
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
I would like to get White version but I'm just not diggin' the new 3D look for pokemon games. I would take Pokemon Crystal over the new games any day. I guess I will wait for reviews and if the critics seem to like it I will consider buying.
There are many reviews out already if you search google. Famitsu(a japanese magazine) gave it 40/40 and it's the first Pokemon game to receive that score. And personally, I love the 3D look, especially in Black and White. They are very well done compared to the 4th generation set of games.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
I dont understand what you mean by 3D. It is literally the exact same as every pokemon game before it. 2D sprites. And if you feel like playing Crystal, just pick up Soul Silver or Heart Gold if you haven't. They are awesome remakes of G and S.

I'm sure most people here would take the older games over the newer ones, but it is really only because of nostalgia. Everybody thinks that the older pokemon are better. Thankfully nintendo sees a market for these old remakes, which are amazing.

Anyways, B&W are pretty cool too. I'm not a fan of the starters but my Tepig (now a Pignite) is growing on me. I just think overall that the pokemon from gen 1-3 were so much better.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I dont understand what you mean by 3D. It is literally the exact same as every pokemon game before it. 2D sprites. And if you feel like playing Crystal, just pick up Soul Silver or Heart Gold if you haven't. They are awesome remakes of G and S.

I'm sure most people here would take the older games over the newer ones, but it is really only because of nostalgia. Everybody thinks that the older pokemon are better. Thankfully nintendo sees a market for these old remakes, which are amazing.

Anyways, B&W are pretty cool too. I'm not a fan of the starters but my Tepig (now a Pignite) is growing on me. I just think overall that the pokemon from gen 1-3 were so much better.
The old games (generations 1-3) are strictly 2D art, the new ones (generations 4 and 5) feature some 3D art in the game world. It is encouraging to hear the 3D has been improved though, i have watched youtube gameplay, but it is a bit difficult to determine graphical quality from those videos. I guess i would just need to see it on a DS screen to understand. Battling, which is the core of the pokemon series, is really the same though besides the use of the touch screen. And I played my friend's Soul Silver, I liked it very much, but because I already own Crystal and I was running low on money I decided to pass. I probably should still get SS or HG eventually.

Also as for reviews I tend to wait on reading them until about a month after the game is released because early reviews give artificially high ratings to some games due to hype. Reviews that are written later seem to be more accurate.

Last edited by Vester; 03-07-2011 at 01:12 AM..