Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Any good paid marketing services?

I'm not even sure if people have tried them, but is there any good iOS specific marketing services that generally do things right to get your app visibility?

I'm thinking $800~ maybe more if people have good feedback on these type of services.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:04 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Not really in a position to suggest anything, but just keep in mind you get what you pay for, like anything in life. It seems like there's an immense amount of "PR" people who are willing to promote your game for a couple hundred bucks (or less) that have basically no qualifications other than knowing how to spam TouchArcade.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to helioxfilm

Hodapp,

from the reviewer point of view, what do you expect from a good (paid) marketing service? Or in other words, what do you consider as a good service? For me it seems spamming TA is not a good service :-)

Best,
Gyula
Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Honestly I think most of what these low-dollar PR services do could be accomplished by the developer just posting a thread that they pay attention to on the TA forums. If a game can't generate interest here amongst our community, all the press releases in the world won't make people interested.

TriplePoint, Spark PR, and other "real" PR consultants can do some real good, but you'll also pay some real money for their services.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I am (was) thinking to use PRWeb twice. Once a pre-launch campaign (USD 80), and when the game is ready, to pay once more, but that time for the biggest package... But I will check your suggestion as well..., thanks...
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

However, the question rise: which service to choose? If I understand correctly Spardian question, let's say we have 800 bucks to spend on marketing – but whom we trust? If I compare how many twitter followers have PRWeb, TriplePointPR and Spark PR, or compare them at Compete.com, PRWEB has a much higher follower base or page visits than the other two. At the same time, the other two advertise themself especially as expert in our field of interest, tech, social media etc, they like to work with indies (as TriplePoint sais).

So how to chose among these three? I apologize to hijack the thread from Spardian, but I'm in the same shoes...
Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Honestly I think most of what these low-dollar PR services do could be accomplished by the developer just posting a thread that they pay attention to on the TA forums. If a game can't generate interest here amongst our community, all the press releases in the world won't make people interested.
I agree with this.

Honestly the best way forward is to join communities, post your game (don't spam), and really listen to customer feedback. Also, individually email review / blog sites with a link to itunes, screenshots, a web landing page and a trailer from youtube. Be brief and informative.

Also remember that marketing is tough and very time consuming. I've put as much time into researching marketing and listening to feedback as I did learning objective c and programming the game. So know that only half the battle is over when you submit to Apple (unless you get lucky).

For low-cost solutions I would recommend PRmac.com and iSpreadNews.com. iSpreadNews was actually a lot more useful than I had planned due to the fact that they put me in touch with a lot of international iPhone bloggers I would've never known about. I met some really cool people that way.

Last edited by Razoric; 03-23-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Ok! But how to promote interactive book for Ipad? How i understand TA don't make review of books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post

TriplePoint, Spark PR, and other "real" PR consultants can do some real good, but you'll also pay some real money for their services.

Last edited by Ant's Studio; 04-03-2011 at 02:24 AM..