Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Default Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

UPDATE 4/29/13: After 2 years of anticipation, Star Command will finally be release on 5/2/13!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

UPDATE 4/11/12: TRAILER HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

UPDATE Sep 6: Help support the developers now!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wow, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread made for this yet. Well, here it is. A game that is set to hit this summer called "Star Command" is looking to be a mix between Game Dev Story and Star Trek.

From Destructoid:

Quote:
I could explain in detail why Star Command has jumped to my most anticipated mobile game of the year. Instead, here is a list of reasons from the game's website and the Reddit thread where War Balloon Games answered Redditors.
  • It's Game Dev Story meets Star Trek
  • Replayability: create your spaceship for peaceful resolutions or aggressive negotiations
  • There's diplomacy as you explore the galaxy
  • X-Com is their #1 game of all time
  • Other influences include Master of Orion 2, Ascendancy and Star Wars: Rebellion (Supremacy)
  • No nickel and diming of content
  • They are taking the jettisoning of personnel under consideration
  • If you're not convinced at this point, you never will be
Star Command is planned for a Summer 2011 release on Android and iOS devices. HNNNG!

From TouchArcade:

Quote:
The developer is actively answering questions on Reddit and made a couple interesting comments. Game Dev Story actually served as the catalyst for the project, proving that there was actually a market for in-depth simulation games. Also, while there isn't any multiplayer planned for this version of the game, the developers seem open for some kind of potential sequel where it would be considered. (Assuming the original sells, of course.)
Star Command is scheduled for release sometime this summer, and I can't wait. I should probably make plans to clear my calendar of any and all obligations once I hear when it will actually hit the App Store. I'm thinking this might actually be worse for my personal and professional life than Game Dev Story, as horrifying as that is to actually think.
And finally from War Balloon Games themselves:

Quote:
Players can build their vessel in their own image – if you prefer a scientific, peace oriented game style you can build long rang scanners and diplomatic facilities to encourage peace and information exchange. Players more focused on settling disputes through force can build their Starship with multiple weapon bays and reinforced hull to absorb heavy damage.
Throughout the game players can hire and manage their crew. Crew members have a variety of skill sets and each of these comes into play when performing tasks on board like research, tactical, engineering and more. Crew members gain new skills as the game progresses making them more and more valuable.
Players can explore the universe, discovering black holes, nebula’s, new planets and eventually make contact with new races. Diplomacy comes into play as some species are naturally drawn to combat while others may be more willing to join you – even exchanging officers on your crew.

This looks pretty awesome!

Last edited by crex; 04-29-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I can already tell this game will be a big hit. Haven't really gotten into the Game Dev Story type games though, seems a bit too much like a J2ME game.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 AM

Damn I just got seriously excited. this looks frickin awesome.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I am really looking forward to this one, I loved GDS.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I will instant buy it
Old 04-10-2011, 08:55 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Seriously, I will buy it.
Pixel Art + Game Dev Story + Star Trek = WIN
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
I can already tell this game will be a big hit. Haven't really gotten into the Game Dev Story type games though, seems a bit too much like a J2ME game.
It is going to be huge
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 AM

This is an interesting concept. A lot of the current "simulation" games are super simplistic and I like the idea of a more in-depth approach. I wouldn't mind if more devs took after GDS and HSS.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Can't wait! Haven't been this excited for a game since Aralon.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:03 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

I got game dev story i got hot springs story and and theres no way in hell that i wont get this either!!

Closed Thread