★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vicious looking ”WEREWOLF” game - looking for feedback!

04-11-2011, 03:23 AM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 401
Vicious looking ”WEREWOLF” game - looking for feedback!

Hi Guys! I’m very excited to announce our next game which carry the working title: ”Beast Within” - for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

The game is a 3rd person stealth action game where you take on the role of a young boy who is turning into a werewolf.

You are in search of your lost brother, being chased by a clan of werewolves. As you progress through the game, the beast within you grows stronger and you gain unique wolf senses. You must use the curse to your advantage if you are to take on the Clan.

I’ll let our concept art speak for itself. It is still very early in the process, but the sooner we get your guys' feedback, the more likely it will be implemented in the final product – so fire away!















Comment please!
04-11-2011, 03:39 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,279
Looks really cool! Would elaborate please on the gameplay, what exactly do you mean by stealth action game?

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.

04-11-2011, 03:48 AM
#3
The artwork is excellent (presumably for cut scenes). It conveys a real mood / atmosphere. I also like the story premise about the boy becoming a werewolf during the game.

...subscribing to this thread to monitor your updates.

řƹȡ1
04-11-2011, 03:48 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 694
concept art looks great! got any screenshots of the actual game?
04-11-2011, 04:30 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 70
looks amazing. Whoever is the artist has some serious talent.
04-11-2011, 05:21 AM
#6
I like the lighting and general style a lot. It doesn't look like hardcore horror, which is good. It'd be weird if the main character, a cute kid was caught up in gruesome action, so I like the way this is shaping up...

Because it's a werewolf stealth game, you've gotta have instinct effects that are both visual and gameplay affecting. They might be stuff like adrenalin rush, where time slows down, you run fast etc., infrared sight, heart monitor vision and heavy breathing over the top
04-11-2011, 05:53 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Overscore View Post
Because it's a werewolf stealth game, you've gotta have instinct effects that are both visual and gameplay affecting. They might be stuff like adrenalin rush, where time slows down, you run fast etc., infrared sight, heart monitor vision and heavy breathing over the top
Werewolves... The game could be affected by the phases of the moon...umm, hang on, that sounds familiar!!!

řƹȡ1
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Overscore View Post
I like the lighting and general style a lot. It doesn't look like hardcore horror, which is good. It'd be weird if the main character, a cute kid was caught up in gruesome action, so I like the way this is shaping up...

Because it's a werewolf stealth game, you've gotta have instinct effects that are both visual and gameplay affecting. They might be stuff like adrenalin rush, where time slows down, you run fast etc., infrared sight, heart monitor vision and heavy breathing over the top
You are on to something here
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Werewolves... The game could be affected by the phases of the moon...umm, hang on, that sounds familiar!!!
lol much It might be cliché but it's part of the werewolf legend.
...and um, how familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
You are on to something here
Thanks!
04-12-2011, 01:23 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,279
What engine are you guys using for this game?

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.