Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 AM
iPad

Default NBA JAM by EA SPORTS™ for iPad

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

International Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/nba-jam-by-ea-sports-for-ipad/id426283261?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 04-21-2011 at 04:20 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Already got the iPhone version. Don't see much sense in buying this one even though I have to admit that playing the game on a bigger screen sounds very enticing.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

The iPad version costs twice as much as the iPhone version.

Is it twice as good?

Let's see what happens over Easter.

Last edited by Red1; 04-20-2011 at 06:05 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Beyond stupid that this isn't Universal. And where's Game Center support, EA?

But I am a sucker for NBA Jam and there is much bigger news here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
• Local Multiplayer – Go big head 2 big head against a friend on iPad or iPhone/iPod touch via local WiFi and Bluetooth
Now I know that was in the iPhone app posting for a few hours before being edited out, so does anyone know: is that a fake feature or are we finally getting multiplayer? And it says iPhone there, so where's the iPhone update?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:42 PM

I used to jump on all the EA stuff as double dip. But between quick sales and no Game Center or Universal I've stopped buying alot of their apps esp at launch.
Hopefully voting with my money will get the point across if enough people do it.

It's a shame because otherwise EA is really doing great with supporting mobile with a variety of quality apps.

I am curious how good of port this is compared to iphone version which is great.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
I used to jump on all the EA stuff as double dip. But between quick sales and no Game Center or Universal I've stopped buying alot of their apps esp at launch.
Hopefully voting with my money will get the point across if enough people do it.

It's a shame because otherwise EA is really doing great with supporting mobile with a variety of quality apps.

I am curious how good of port this is compared to iphone version which is great.
Glad you mentioned that. Lack of Game Center support is annoying. I think Apple should do what Microsoft did, and force it like Xbox Live achievements. The reality is EA doesn't want you to keep coming back, they want you to get tired of it and buy something new. I'm sorry, but this isn't just my opinion, EA has a long track record for being the devil. It is true though, a lot of these games are quite good, but I seriously doubt EA is developing them, they are merely a distribution channel. I'm sure their robbing some poor developers blind. EA is the Wal-Mart of the gaming world, throwing their muscle around to get what they want at the price they want. Valve and Blizzard are the only two that have tried to remain loyal to their customers, and not turn evil (yes I know Activision bought Blizzard, but it seems they have kept their hands out or Blizzard has flexed their muscle and remained somewhat autonomous).
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I loved NBA Hangtime on N64, how does this compare to that ?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
I loved NBA Hangtime on N64, how does this compare to that ?
So far I've only played the new Jam on the Wii, but I'd say it plays about the same. Except you don't get any of the awesome RPG/character creation features. And I'm not sure that it does as much stat tracking, but I could be wrong.

That's the other thing (besides lack of Universal/GC) actually, although it's a problem with even the console versions. Why did they feel they had to move the series back so far? The features added in Hangtime added a lot of depth and fun (and there were still plenty of 'quick play' options). There's no reason they needed to be stripped out in this reboot.

Still, Jam is Jam: fun. Maybe they'll make a sequel?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I totally have those images too! How funny. It was a melting pot of sorts, where everyone was accepted and your value was directly tied to how skilled you were at a particular code.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Still not available, almost an hour late? I for one am waiting to buy this, yes, even after already purchasing the iPhone version. No complaints from me. Basically, $15 for a great game isn't "price gouging" as mentioned before in here, it's a steal. I'm happy to pay for quality.