Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 AM

Default Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM

I meant to post about this earlier. Kotaku just had an article about this; it's basically a Saudi-made "knock-off" of Uncharted made with Unity 3D, for the PS3, Wii, iOS, and Android (interestingly, they're skipping the Xbox). I put "knock-off" in scare-quotes because as good as Uncharted is, there's nothing original about the character, settings, etc -- if your frame of reference extends beyond games, that is. In any event, it's all about the execution, and what we've seen so far strikes me as last-gen quality, which would perhaps make it a good fit for the App Store.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I meant to post about this earlier. Kotaku just had an article about this; it's basically a Saudi-made "knock-off" of Uncharted made with Unity 3D, for the PS3, Wii, iOS, and Android (interestingly, they're skipping the Xbox). I put "knock-off" in scare-quotes because as good as Uncharted is, there's nothing original about the character, settings, etc -- if your frame of reference extends beyond games, that is. In any event, it's all about the execution, and what we've seen so far strikes me as last-gen quality, which would perhaps make it a good fit for the App Store.
Even the title "Unearthed" is unoriginal...
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 AM

There are more videos on http://www.unearthedgame.com/ can't believe I didn't know about this game before.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Didn't know about it before! Looks fricking awesome!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I think these graphics (from videos and screenshots) are from the PC, PS3 etc. version... i don't know how close the iOS devices can come to this quality by now (and i speak for big games with different landscapes and conditions, not like IB2 (is on rails) or Shadowgun (is on the same environment set up all the time)). I am looking forward for this game but i am not sure how impressive will be the iOS version (maybe on iPad3 we could see better things but is early). Time will show us...
Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
I think these graphics (from videos and screenshots) are from the PC, PS3 etc. version... i don't know how close the iOS devices can come to this quality by now (and i speak for big games with different landscapes and conditions, not like IB2 (is on rails) or Shadowgun (is on the same environment set up all the time)). I am looking forward for this game but i am not sure how impressive will be the iOS version (maybe on iPad3 we could see better things but is early). Time will show us...
Having different environments is not a device-capability issue but a budget issue (and, to a certain extent a download-size issue). If the assets are being developed for the PS3/PC version, they can be used on the iOS version -- though perhaps with lower-res textures. Keep in mind that the game is being developed in Unity, which is a cross-platform engine.

As I mentioned above, the game is looking like a latter-PS2/XBox game, and we've already seen several successful iOS ports from that era (Bard's Tale, GTA 3).
Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I heard about this game long time ago but never knew it was comming to iOS !!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Having different environments is not a device-capability issue but a budget issue (and, to a certain extent a download-size issue).
Agreed , i don't see how the graphical quality of shadowgun is because of the not so varied environments .
Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
On the site it shows as a XBox live arcade game