Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > User Reviews

Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Review: 33rd Division

I really like this game and I think it is pretty cool so I am going to tell you how cool it is. In this game there is no campaign mode, there is only a life mode, which is like a normal difficulty and a time mode which is an much harder difficulty. You pick one of those and you must basically from the top down vision draw a line for the soldier on the screen to his specific place on the other side of the map. Now while trying to get him there you must not be seen by the guards who have a green sight vision around them, this is where they can see you so you must make sure your soldier doesn't go too close to that, otherwise he is going to die. You can also tap on the soldier while he is in his route and he will lay down on the ground, as long as he is there the guards won't pick him up even if he is the green zone, but if he gets to close then he will get shot.

This is a perfect example of what I am trying to explain to you.
I have played the game over and over and I enjoy playing it, but let me tell you about the different modes. The life mode is where you rely on lives to stay in the game, you start off with 5 lives, you can get lives by picking them up with soldiers by dragging the line over the box or you loose lives by getting shot. The time mode is actually a clock which you must get the certain number of soldiers to their spots before the timer runs down to 0 (I think).

This is an example of a mortar strike.
There will also be a point when a mortar strike will just shoot certain places on the map and if your soldier is in a bad spot then he might get blown up. There will also be a sudden death point for thirty seconds when you will get bonus points for every safe soldier who gets to his point, but you will loose the whole game is one of them gets caught. The warning signs mean that a patrol is about to come onto the screen, they might pass on a quad bike or a car, I don't know, maybe on foot but they will come onto the screen, but they leave through after a little wonder, or they'll just drive by. Also, that little green symbol you see up the top there is the way you spawn your soldiers, when one of those appear it will spawn a normal soldier, a red and white symbol with a medic sign in it will spawn a medic, as in the first picture. A yellow symbol will mean that a captain will spawn, these will get you more points if you get him to the point safely.

Final Thoughts:
The game is well put together and very fun to play, it offers endless amounts of fun and you can play over and over an not find yourself bored of it, but maybe after that you will. The game is unique and I love the way it all works and has been put together. I find it hard for myself to win but that doesn't get me annoyed because I just have another go. I am suggesting that people with an iPhone or iPod Touch check out the lite version of thie game for free, then maybe get the full version. It only took me one go with the lite version to then buy the full version.

Graphics: 8
Sound: 8
Lifespan: 9.5
Gameplay: 9

Overall: 8.6