Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I'm back,ok the controls are preatty good for walking around and fight situations but I can honestly say that I can tell from now pulling off the really hard and tricky stunts future in the game will be a little difficult as to be expected on a touch interface hopefully not to hard ,anyway like I said earlier graphics are very good runs fine on my iPhone 3g and bro iPod touch 2g, playing this brings a new light to the iPhone and AppStore good job ubi/gameloft also playing this makes me more excited for the other upcoming console port (cod black ops,marvel vs capcom,tekken6,devil may cry) holla
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Only about 15 minutes in but controls are good, runs smoothly on touch 2g, there is fairly long in game tutorial on movements etc as you progress. Camera angles are constantly changing which can be a bit disorientating especially when making long wall runs or jumps. It is a bit more challenging than the average GL game (which is not a bad thing) and requires some skill to master some of the movements which I like.

The only glaring problem so far is even after a reboot menus appear unfinished or broken with sliders and buttons missing which make them almost impossible to navigate.

Last edited by tadad1; 06-02-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
Only about 15 minutes in but controls are good, runs smoothly on touch 2g, there is fairly long in game tutorial on movements etc as you progress. Camera angles are constantly changing which can be a bit disorientating especially when making long wall runs or jumps. It is a bit more challenging than the average GL game (which is not a bad thing) and requires some skill to master some of the movements which I like.

The only glaring prroblem so far is even after a reboot menus appear unfinished or broken with sliders missing and buttons sometimes unresponsive.

Got the same thing too; seems that there's a glitch in the menus. Just click on the lower left corner to go back (the button is there, you just can't see it). Not a big deal, really, though it sucks that we'll have to download an update soon.
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

@tadad1 I have the same problem & can not save, could you save your game?
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugeeza View Post
Guys I think the game is F'ED on the 3GS this is what I get when trying to save the game and there is no way to get out of this other than the home button!
I'll reinstall again and see what happens....
Same here, but if you select a save slot and then tap the lower right hand corner of the screen (where I assume a button should be) it seems to save ok.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Default Game Impressions

Alrighty then! Here we go.

I've been a big fan of the Prince of Persia franchise for quite a while, so this is a little tough for me to figure out. I just finished The Forgotten Sands on my PS3, and this doesn't really compare to it. But as an iPhone game, this is freaking great.

Graphics, are like usual for gameloft, pretty high quality. New features for iPhone games are- Swaying hair when moving, water effects, and pretty good blood. Silky smooth on the 3rd Gen iPod touch. Slight loading every once in awhile, but only for a second or two.

Controls- for the most part, seem pretty good. Running is good, and there are primary and secondary attack buttons and a blocking button. The blocking button doubles as your wall running button outside of combat. Then there's a button that controls jumping and rolling. This button concerns me because I could see it having a hard time deciding if I want to run or jump. No problems yet though. Also camera control is fixed at the start, but opens up after a little. Several different camera view options.

Gameplay- Seems like the full PS2 port. Easy, normal, hard, and an unlockable impossible mode. However, the menu system is messed up right now. However, I didn't restart my iPod after installing. Edit- Turns out it's a glitch on the upper generation devices. Bottom left corner goes back, bottom right selects. A bummer, but not a game breaker.
Oh, and there's multiple game save slots and a level selection screen also.

I'm actually really impressed. I was worried it would be a complete mess, but it's actually a worthy port of the franchise.

Short version- If you love Prince of Persia, get it. If you like Prince of Persia, watch some gameplay and decide if you can handle on screen controls. (This is the best handling 3D platformer on the iPhone) If you haven't played Prince of Persia but want a pretty good console quality platformer/hack and slash, I would get it. However, if you hate Gameloft or only like indie games, I think you can skip on this one.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by Hitch; 06-02-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmokey View Post
Just finished first chapter and runs fine on my iPhone 3g and it seems to play fine on my little bro iPod touch 2g just little longer when it comes to loading no big deal though anyway graphics look great will let more info after I play a little more but I will say one thing this is warrior within not some rip , be back in 30mins
Dont you mean it loads faster on your brothers 2g iPod Touch, because it has a faster processor than an iPhone 3G.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
Same here, but if you select a save slot and then tap the lower right hand corner of the screen (where I assume a button should be) it seems to save ok.
Ok I'll give it a shot, I'm reinstalling it again to see if that helps.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELSD View Post
Yes, it does support Gameloft Live. Is it just me, or is the interface for the menus gray with text? There's no images in the menu of mine. Where there would be a "back" button, or the Gameloft Live button, I just have to assume they're there since there's a box with a different shade of gray wherever those would appear. Maybe I have to reinstall, unless Gameloft accidently let out a version missing the proper menu.
I m having the same problem with the menus - I ll probably reinstall later but I m not sure it ll help. This is not a small thing, because the menus are almost impossible to navigate. I m sensing that this is not a random bug, and if so, I m sure it will be sorted out with some update.

The game itself is a high quality port - Gameloft did its best to transfer the controls, which are quite more complex than almost anything else we ve seen on the idevices. Real analog stick (unlike splinter cell), attack button, block button, jump button - some buttons have extra functions, such as wall running and dodging. Many context sensitive functions too, like grabing a pole and doing a fancy rotational attack or grabing an opponent and jumping over him. Also, you can get a first person view to evaluate your surroundings or a general wide view via seperate buttons. Overall I d say there 's a learning curve for the controls but they seem to work well.

Graphically, the game is up there with the best - nice animation (a gameloft first!), nice textures and effects(great water!), good draw distance (unlike ironman 2 or splinter cell) - I m playing on an IPhone 3G, so as you d expect, the framerate fluctuates a bit but it certainly manageable. Overall, a very very polished game.

Up to now, it seems like a winner.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Well the reinstall did not help, same gray menus, looks like there will be an update soon then.