Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2010, 07:31 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,515
Default rRootage Online (FREE)



Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-09-2010 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
lazrhog's Avatar
lazrhog lazrhog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 280
Default

Hey nice job. I shall remove my version. I had an update planned to be like this version but there is no point now. I heartily recommend this !! Love Kentas shooters.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:21 AM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
Hey nice job. I shall remove my version. I had an update planned to be like this version but there is no point now. I heartily recommend this !! Love Kentas shooters.
That's high praise. But yeah, it deserves it. BTW, the game is supported by iAds, which are visible only on the high score screen.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
lazrhog's Avatar
lazrhog lazrhog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 280
Default

My version has now been removed from the AppStore
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
weakfl's Avatar
weakfl weakfl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
Hey nice job. I shall remove my version. I had an update planned to be like this version but there is no point now. I heartily recommend this !! Love Kentas shooters.
Hi lazrhog!

Thanks for the kind words, nice to hear that you like my version. It still has some issues too. Seems like your controls work better, I'll have to look into that.

And why remove your version? I really had a lot of fun playing it and there can't be enough free games.

best regards,
Miko
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
eugekava eugekava is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,612
Default

I have to say, the game is very good. For some reason I can't connect to high score server. On up side - no ads.

@lazrhog - you shouldn't remove your version. No reason why both can't co-exist.

Regarding this game, relative controls work well. I think that levels should not be available in any order. They should unlock sequentially. As one level is completed, the next should light up as available. I am not sure how the original worked but it would add a bit of purpose to playing.
Thanks for an excellent game, Miko.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
nesio718 nesio718 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny South FL!!
Posts: 915
Default

Got 2,018,730 in 1A. Tried to look up scores and got a network error. How are online scores recorded if we aren't asked to put in a name or logged into a service like openfeint? Also, how do you leave in the middle of a stage? Do I have to use all my lives to get back to level select screen?

Aside from those questions, I commend you for the port. I played the pc game all the time and this just became my bullet hell game of choice for the iPhone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
sam the lion sam the lion is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakfl View Post
Hi lazrhog!

Thanks for the kind words, nice to hear that you like my version. It still has some issues too. Seems like your controls work better, I'll have to look into that.

And why remove your version? I really had a lot of fun playing it and there can't be enough free games.

best regards,
Miko
the two of you might work together on the definitive version
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
weakfl's Avatar
weakfl weakfl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
Got 2,018,730 in 1A. Tried to look up scores and got a network error. How are online scores recorded if we aren't asked to put in a name or logged into a service like openfeint?
When you die or finish a stage the game checks if you've reached a new highscore and an alert should pop up where you can enter your name.

If the request fails the box won't pop up, which probably happened in your case. I think the timeout limit is too low for certain areas if you're connected via UMTS/cell.
I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
Also, how do you leave in the middle of a stage? Do I have to use all my lives to get back to level select screen?
Currently, yes. I'll probably add a button to the pause screen to get back to the main menu immediately.

Quote:
Aside from those questions, I commend you for the port. I played the pc game all the time and this just became my bullet hell game of choice for the iPhone.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
dyscode dyscode is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Germany & Tokyo
Posts: 1,103
Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
My version has now been removed from the AppStore
I lazrhog, why?

I realized that it was not working on iOS4 for me anymore,


@weakfl
nice 'alternate version' and it works on iOS4, too!
And I really dig the icon!

thanks to both for you for making this game free.
PS: I already enjoyed rRootage on the Mac, years back already.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent