Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default iMAME4all released (new MAME emulator for jailbroken iPad HD, iPhone 4, and older)

iMAME4all is a iOS universal free app for jailbroken devices done by David Valdeita (Seleuco), port of MAME 0.37b5 emulator by Nicola Salmoria for all iOS devices (iPad HD, iPhone 4G, 3GS, 3G , iPod touch...) and it is based on GP2X, WIZ MAME4ALL 2.5 by Franxis.

It emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.37b5 plus some additional games from newer MAME versions.

This version emulates over 2000 different romsets.

Please, try to understand that that with that amount of games, some will run better than others and some might not even run with iMAME4all. Please, donīt email me asking for a specific game to run.

Although the performance is very good with modern devices (all games I tested on iPad run practically perfect), owners of older devices should not expect a good performance; please turn off sound because that's very helpful.

Youtube link | Pop Up

After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/iMAME4all/roms folder.

Please use "clrmame.dat" file included in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/iMAME4all to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available in next webpage:

http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

Youtube link | Pop Up

Features:
Full speed on iPad HD. Almost perfect on iPhone 4.
Autorotate.
Smoothed image.
Scanline & TV Filter.
Full screen, windowed.
Animated touch DPad.
2/4 buttons selectable.
Low latency audio.
Video Aspect Normal, Rotate, Rotate controls.
Adjustable CPU, Audio clock.

... and more.

You can download now and install deb file from:

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/

dpkg -i iMAME4all-1.0.deb

(respring)

or wait till it be published on bigboss repo throughout the day...

Other projects from author:

http://code.google.com/p/xpectrum

Last edited by Seleuco; 08-19-2010 at 06:59 PM..
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

There I was just getting into bed when I saw this little gem pop up in the jailbreaking thread, needless to say it's now 2:30am and I'm very tired but extremely happy cause I have this on both my iPad and iPhone 4! Have only tested a few roms on both versions but can report back that it is better than I ever hoped for, the controls are so responsive the sound is glitch free and all the games I've tested run full speed!

Will have a play round with it over the weekend and report back with any findings, must say I've never used a deb file before seeing this one up for download but I couldn't wait for cydia to actually release it! Anyone who's familiar with ssh will easily be able to install this (I used the autoinstall method and it worked first time on both iPad and iPhone) anyway I must sleep as I have work in the morning... Once again a huge thankyou to seleuco for the work that went into this, it's been more than worth the wait!

Last edited by Rasterico; 08-20-2010 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Someone try Metal Slug, preferably on the 2nd gen Touch.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Someone try Metal Slug, preferably on the 2nd gen Touch.
I know metal slug works, watch some of his vids, he plays MS in like every one.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Thank you!

Fetching JB iPad this moment!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 AM

I installed it to try Joust. Although the ROM seems to load okay, I cannot get the game to run.

If anyone gets Joust to to work, please post here.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 AM

I must say top marks for your work on this, runs well better on my 3gs than zodtts's mame4iphone.

2 feature suggestions for the next update, the option to turn on 3 and 4 buttons, you have the option to use 4 buttons, but some games only need the 3 buttons so the extra putton just takes up screen space.

Also, i know your aware of it, but look into the problem with the screen size being too big on all midway games like smash tv and rampage.

Great job, any plans for any other emulators in the future? Your own versions of nes and snes?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Where do I place the .deb file?

Last edited by Gregz0r; 08-20-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoksyXL View Post
I must say top marks for your work on this, runs well better on my 3gs than zodtts's mame4iphone.?
This make me happy... it should run better on 3g too

Quote:
2 feature suggestions for the next update, the option to turn on 3 and 4 buttons, you have the option to use 4 buttons, but some games only need the 3 buttons so the extra putton just takes up screen space.
Good suggestion. easy. ill do...

Quote:
Also, i know your aware of it, but look into the problem with the screen size being too big on all midway games like smash tv and rampage.
Im working on that.. ill do... wiimote also

Quote:
Great job, any plans for any other emulators in the future? Your own versions of nes and snes?
I made iMAME4all because I wanted to play with it, and there was nothing available....

I guess they are good NES emulators but I have not tried

How are the NES emulators compared with imame4all?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the reply dude, and good to hear your working on those features i suggested for the next version, look forward to it. It runs well on my 3gs, so looking forward to trying it out on the iphone 4 in the coming weeks.

I've been using zoddttd's nes, snes and genesis emu's for a while now, and where they work to an extent, they have really annoying features that zodttd won't fix.

The main problem in the emu's compared to your imame, is the landscape controlls. You have figured out how to implement them properly into your emulator, where as zodtts landscape controlls are too big on the screen, so when you try to play in landscape mode your fingers and thumbs cover the playing area.

Also, i find your mame controlls more responsive too, plus the sound is way better.

So, i'm sure you could figure out a way to port snes and nes, making the sound and controlls better like you have done in imame.