• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 421.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 2.5 (2)
App description: Suit up and rocket into the action as Iron Man or War Machine in the official movie game on iPhone/iPod touch.

PLAY WITH IRON MAN OR WAR MACHINE
Play as Iron Man for speed and agility or suit up as War Machine for maximum firepower. Both suits offer easy-to-learn controls and the ability to run, hover and fly at will. Youll also have the chance to jump into the Mark IV, Mark VI, Stealth and underwater suits. Whether you prefer to pound your foes in melee combat with your fists or to lay down the destruction from a far with your weapons, you can upgrade your suit after each stage with improved weaponry and abilities to devastate your foes.

A BLOCKBUSTER GAME
Based on the most anticipated film of the year, Iron Man 2 delivers all the same action and excitement youd expect from the movie with epic battles and massive enemies that will leave your chest pounding.

STARK OPPOSITION
Tony Starks enemies have their own super suited droness and they want to take Iron Man and War Machine down. Fight Ultimo, Firepower, Whiplash and armies of other enemies to prove that the only the original armored hero is the best.

THIS FIGHT IS GLOBAL
Battle across 9 locations across the globe constructed in full 3D, from Stark Expo in New York to a jungle war zone in Somalia.

HEAVY METAL
Get charged for battle with a powerful rock metal soundtrack including the rock classic, Iron Man.

ACHIEVE GREATNESS
Connect to Gameloft Live and unlock 25 different achievements that you show off to friends and prove youre a real Iron Man.

Also available from Gameloft: Brothers In Arms2: Global Front, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, GT Racing: Motor Academy, James Camerons Avatar, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Driver, Tom Clancys H.A.W.X.
*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or go read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/ ***

Want to win awesome Iron Man 2 prizes?! Head to the Gameloft Fan Page on Facebook to enter our sweepstakes! You could win a next-gen console and more!

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/iron-man-2-lite/id377202623?mt=8
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Tempting to see a $5 game go for $1.

But user reviews say the game sucks. And there are too many good games, many of them free, to waste even a $1 on a bad game with shiny graphics. So I'll pass.
Have you tried the lite version?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.

09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.

Invaders Must Die.
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I loved that hacking minigame. It was the bees knees! The safes were annoying, but thats mainly because I failed at them xD My only regret was researching all the machines so I couldn't do the hacks!
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow this is alot better than I expected from some reviews I read. Sure, I don't think I would've payed 6.99 for it but it's well worth the buck. Those puzzles do get a bit annoying sometimes, but they're not too bad. Glad I picked this up!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
You are god-awful!

Invaders Must Die.
09-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Just bought this game and as soon as i defused the bombs in the beginning of the game, it froze up on me. I tried to turn it off and on again, but the game is stuck. Anybody else encountered this??
09-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Crappy movie - crappy game - when will they learn?
09-24-2010, 03:37 AM
this game is not that bad - at least i feel the graphic is better than the others, on my iphone 3g. for 0.99 u can't complain much