Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
ninjackid ninjackid is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Tempting to see a $5 game go for $1.

But user reviews say the game sucks. And there are too many good games, many of them free, to waste even a $1 on a bad game with shiny graphics. So I'll pass.
Have you tried the lite version?
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
dumaz1000 dumaz1000 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,080
Default

For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Drexra Drexra is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 345
Default

I loved that hacking minigame. It was the bees knees! The safes were annoying, but thats mainly because I failed at them xD My only regret was researching all the machines so I couldn't do the hacks!
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
ninjackid ninjackid is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,485
Default

Wow this is alot better than I expected from some reviews I read. Sure, I don't think I would've payed 6.99 for it but it's well worth the buck. Those puzzles do get a bit annoying sometimes, but they're not too bad. Glad I picked this up!
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
dumaz1000 dumaz1000 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
You are god-awful!
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 AM
NolbertoS NolbertoS is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default

Just bought this game and as soon as i defused the bombs in the beginning of the game, it froze up on me. I tried to turn it off and on again, but the game is stuck. Anybody else encountered this??
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 AM
newschool newschool is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bremen
Posts: 17
Send a message via Skype™ to newschool
Default

Crappy movie - crappy game - when will they learn?
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 AM
sdmiracle sdmiracle is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 813
Default

this game is not that bad - at least i feel the graphic is better than the others, on my iphone 3g. for 0.99 u can't complain much
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent