★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Tempting to see a $5 game go for $1.

But user reviews say the game sucks. And there are too many good games, many of them free, to waste even a $1 on a bad game with shiny graphics. So I'll pass.
Have you tried the lite version?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.

09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
For a dollar, it's worth it, but there is some uneven gameplay issues. I do not like mini-games shoved needlessly into my action-oriented games. It seems like Bioshock really kicked this trend into high gear. I hated Bioshock for that stupid turrent hacking mini-game. This one has a bomb-disarming mini-game. Sure, I can figure out all the puzzles, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Also, there are some protection missions here, which are a pain. They are significantly harder than any other sequences in the game, which is why I pointed to uneven gameplay.

The protection mission involving, it was either a plane or a chopper, in mission 6 or 7 maybe, I could not beat. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I tried and failed a hundred times. A game like this isn't worth that much effort. Maybe I failed ten times or somewhere around there. At that point, I just lost interest.
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.

Invaders Must Die.
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I loved that hacking minigame. It was the bees knees! The safes were annoying, but thats mainly because I failed at them xD My only regret was researching all the machines so I couldn't do the hacks!
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow this is alot better than I expected from some reviews I read. Sure, I don't think I would've payed 6.99 for it but it's well worth the buck. Those puzzles do get a bit annoying sometimes, but they're not too bad. Glad I picked this up!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Don't be hating on Bioshock, or feel the wrath of my backhander.
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Opinions are opinions, but I will never refer stop referring to Bioshock as "Bio-stink", and I will never play another game in that series again. That franchise is over-rated almost beyond words. And I love fps. Sandbox, racing and first person shooters are by far my favorite three video game genres. I would say that Bioshock was god-awful, but that would be an insult to god-awful.
You are god-awful!

Invaders Must Die.
09-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Just bought this game and as soon as i defused the bombs in the beginning of the game, it froze up on me. I tried to turn it off and on again, but the game is stuck. Anybody else encountered this??
09-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to newschool
Crappy movie - crappy game - when will they learn?
09-24-2010, 03:37 AM
this game is not that bad - at least i feel the graphic is better than the others, on my iphone 3g. for 0.99 u can't complain much