Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
Please work on a action adventure or atleast a FPS
Oi!!! He's got to do my Rally game first!!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:55 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Oi!!! He's got to do my Rally game first!!
lol sure . Try cro-mag rally. But this guy designed a huge city. shouldn't be that tough making a FPS or a action adventure title
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
[B]
lol sure . Try cro-mag rally. But this guy designed a huge city. shouldn't be that tough making a FPS or a action adventure title
Ahh, but it would be easier for him to do a rally game using this games engine- change the road to a dirt track, add some more trees, make the cars skid about a bit more, remove the opponents and "traffic"- job done! A rally game!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I started the game and quit immediatly so that I could play my own music. When I went back, most of my progress was erased.

The weird thing was that all of it wasn't erased. It kept my first few records and one unlocked track.

I actually don't mind too much because this is so freaking awesome. Starting over wasn't as painful as it sounds. I got everything unlocked that I had before in no time.
We will fix this in the next update. Until then, make sure the game is fully loaded up (ie. you're in the menu) before quitting. We're really sorry about that.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 AM

@ hyspsup:
Hi there. I am genuinely interested to know how you think the game has been received so far- not just from my blog, the poll, or the Touch Arcade forum members, but from everywhere else too. Have there been any other reviews out there (I haven't seen any yet)? Have you visited any other forum where it has been discussed?
What do the majority of customers think of the game from what you have seen? Would you like to respond to any comments made? And are there any ways you may be looking at improving on the game in an update?
Thanks.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 AM

response has been generally very positive. I can't say more than that right now. Don't worry. As soon as we feel comfortable divulging information about coming updates I will make sure to post some new info here.

This is by far the most active forum i have seen. there is also a discussion at ipodtouchfans.com.

We are also waiting for more reviews. hopefully we will see some this week.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypsup View Post
We are also waiting for more reviews. hopefully we will see some this week.
ours should be up today.

arn
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 AM

Thank you hypsup.

@ Arn:
I am looking forward to reading someone else's review. Some of the so-called "reviews" on YouTube make me laugh! This one was recording his review while he was racing on it for only the 2nd time!!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 AM

@ hypsup:
The more I think about this game, the more I think how much better it would be even if you just made the opponents slower.
I am asking you now, how would you feel about that? If you want to leave the timer alone for the checkpoints, if you don't want to add a career mode- fine. How about JUST making the opponents easier to keep up with? I am aware if they are slower, then in order to reach the checkpoint in time you will have a much better chance then of being in 1st place when you do. This will mean the cars will be easier to unlock, but the challenge you want in your game will still be there with the checkpoint timer. You see, I am sure it would be a much more enjoyable game if you could just keep up with the pack, regardless of how hard it is to get to the end before the timer runs out. How would you feel about doing that? MIGHT it be a possibility if you find enough people say it is warranted?
To anyone who likes the challenge of this game, would you agree with the above idea too?

[EDIT] I am not saying they should be super-easy to beat like asphalts opponents either- before anyone starts

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-17-2008 at 06:13 AM..
Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm not sure how hard is to code an easy level, meaning:

- more time
- slower opponents
- opponents that make mistakes
- more car control (easier drifting)

That'll be great for casual gamers or even a way to introduce the game for not so good or dedicated players that like the Fastlane approach rather than the current options.

Anyway, one thing is kind of clear: opponents are too perfect, they could be a bit slower and make mistakes too. Let this kind of opponent for the hard mode or something.

I'm really curious about the update news... Until then I'll try to improve my time!