★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Puzzle Quest HD is the full Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords game (chapters 1, 2 and 3) in one glorious package optimized for the iPad.

Play the whole quest from beginning to end in beautiful full-screen HD!

The Puzzle Quest trilogy gives you the choice of an instant-action play or over twenty hours of immersive game play in each chapter based on an epic storyline. Delivering over eighty hours of total game play Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords redefines what an iPad game should deliver.
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow HD version like 1 year late... seems like milking a dead cow to me.

I think everyone knows that 2 is coming in a few weeks.
Hopefully this time, there will be normal and HD version released close to each other.

10-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1976 View Post
Wow HD version like 1 year late... seems like milking a dead cow to me.

I think everyone knows that 2 is coming in a few weeks.
Hopefully this time, there will be normal and HD version released close to each other.
Agree. I love PQ and would have bought it in a second 6mos ago but now we are very close to PQ2. Will wait for PQ2 and get this on sale i think.

-Greg
10-21-2010, 12:32 AM
But...Puzzle Quest 2 is different; it doesn't make the original obsolete, in my opinion. Personally, I prefer the original over world map and story, but YMMV.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I may buy this as I have never beat any of these.
10-21-2010, 12:48 AM
This is a game I HAVE to get for the iPad. It's late, but still, one of my best loved games.
10-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Ok maybe I should elaborate, I dont want to bad mouth the game, it is a really good game, if you havent played it, go buy this, I think I bought mine like 7.99 back 6 months ago. at 4.99 its a bargain.

But for most people who already owned the game, theres really no incentive in buying this and replaying it all over again with 2 being close to release.

Maybe if they can add some cloud syncing option to the save games...
I admit I havent got to finished chapter 2. And if they were to enable me to resume my save, Id buy it in an instant. But now... a totally separate, and identical game, I just dont think its worth it.
10-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Wooo how the hell I didn't knew this was released on iPad.

I totally agree that a cloud saving or saves import would have been great but ok I'll survive without and it will be the opportunity to try one more class as the iversion added many new classes.

EDIT: Woo it's weird "Puzzle Quest" search in app store doesn't even returns the HD in iPad section and "Puzzle Quest HD" search returns it but like the 15th result. A day Apple should improve that.

Last edited by Qordobo; 10-21-2010 at 02:12 AM.
10-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Cool, so far I have this on the DS, PSP, iPhone, iPod Touch, and now I am going to get it for the iPad. Great, might actualy finish it this time.
10-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Man, I just played this for two hours straight and fell in love with it all over again. And on a night when so many good games launched! It's just such a great game.

/g03s2B3D

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL