Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-13-2010, 04:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Tagging this thread. I hate missing these opportunities to pick up apps before they're pulled lol.

Here's to hoping they get it back on the app store
Don't worry yourself too much. I had the fortune to get the app, but it isn't worth much in it's current state. Moving, looking around, and jumping is frustrating as heck, loading takes a long time, and the funky y-axis inversion is really weird. I don't play it much because of this problems. Maybe once it gets compatibility with a bluetooth keyboard, but that kind of defeats the purpose of playing it on an iPod/Pad, am I right?
Old 11-13-2010, 06:00 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Hello...

> do you need an internet connection to play this game?

Yes. This is/was just a client for classic servers.

> its only 2 mb.... I would guess that this is not what it seems.

It doesn't ship with any game resources or content. So the 2.6mb is all code and interface builder.

> More than likely it's a fake. Feel free to surprise me though, if it is real
> Yeah, that's expected xD I guess they saw it wasn't real so it was taken off. D:

It's real. The reasons for removal are different...

> Aww, not compatible with my dinosaur iPod. Baaaaaaaw! T_T
> So this doesnt work on 2G devices???

Technically it's fully compatible with the older devices... but OpenGL 2 devices have a much quicker chipset and I found the app chugged too much on older devices.

> Doesn't work for me on iPhone 4; gets stuck at "Contacting minecraft.net..." when I try to login.

The app is at the mercy of network quality, beyond that it works as fast as it can. MC tends to be up and down a lot, and it's possible it's even been blocked by now. I will investigate.

> It works well enough, crashes a lot, lags, takes forever to connect to the minecraft server.

Probably memory issues, but I thought I'd caught any errors of that nature. Try a reboot or killing other apps. If you have a solid repro or specific server crash, let me know

> What? No way. I'm a Minecraft Classic fan at heart.

Werd.

> It looks like it isn't the first time he's made a port of a PC game. Somewhere below "Minecrafted" is "League of Legends".

Totally legit. It was a payed contract with an aggressive timeline.

> does anyone have the .ipa?

Yarr!

> Seems to be pulled, I can't find it in the AppStore anymore...
> It was real, it just wasn't made by the Minecraft developer, so it was removed.

I removed the application myself shortly after approval. I forgot to set the release date and so it slipped out much sooner than expected. I've been firing numerous emails and waiting on official rulings. I'd prefer to do this in a way that doesn't cause problems.

-Trev
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindvirusgames View Post
> do you need an internet connection to play this game?

Yes. This is/was just a client for classic servers.

> its only 2 mb.... I would guess that this is not what it seems.

It doesn't ship with any game resources or content. So the 2.6mb is all code and interface builder.

> More than likely it's a fake. Feel free to surprise me though, if it is real
> Yeah, that's expected xD I guess they saw it wasn't real so it was taken off. D:

It's real. The reasons for removal are different...

> Aww, not compatible with my dinosaur iPod. Baaaaaaaw! T_T
> So this doesnt work on 2G devices???

Technically it's fully compatible with the older devices... but OpenGL 2 devices have a much quicker chipset and I found the app chugged too much on older devices.

> Doesn't work for me on iPhone 4; gets stuck at "Contacting minecraft.net..." when I try to login.

The app is at the mercy of network quality, beyond that it works as fast as it can. MC tends to be up and down a lot, and it's possible it's even been blocked by now. I will investigate.

> It works well enough, crashes a lot, lags, takes forever to connect to the minecraft server.

Probably memory issues, but I thought I'd caught any errors of that nature. Try a reboot or killing other apps. If you have a solid repro or specific server crash, let me know

> What? No way. I'm a Minecraft Classic fan at heart.

Werd.

> It looks like it isn't the first time he's made a port of a PC game. Somewhere below "Minecrafted" is "League of Legends".

> does anyone have the .ipa?

Yarr!

> Seems to be pulled, I can't find it in the AppStore anymore...
> It was real, it just wasn't made by the Minecraft developer, so it was removed.

I removed the application myself shortly after approval. I forgot to set the release date and so it slipped out much sooner than expected. I've been firing numerous emails and waiting on official rulings. I'd prefer to do this in a way that doesn't cause problems.

-Trev
Good to know. Thanks for the update (and welcome to TA).
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:

-Trev
I was just saying that you must have asked for permission to port the other game, so you must have already asked Notch for permission aswell. I know exactly how you feel, as I've tried to contact Notch before xD Yes, I've already read that it was released accidentally.

Good job on it, I hope it gets approved by Notch!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Good to know. Thanks for the update (and welcome to TA).
Cheers! Feels a bit more wholesome than lurking and I wanted to address any questions or concerns head on.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
I was just saying that you must have asked for permission to port the other game, so you must have already asked Notch for permission aswell. I know exactly how you feel, as I've tried to contact Notch before xD Yes, I've already read that it was released accidentally.

Good job on it, I hope it gets approved by Notch!
Ah. I was hired for LoL in particular, so it wasn't really a concern.

[url]http://punxter.com/pics/M/XBWV.jpg[/url]
Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Ah. I was hired for LoL in particular, so it wasn't really a concern.

http://punxter.com/pics/M/XBWV.jpg
I see.
And this is the second time this week someone's got me on the forums D:<
Old 11-14-2010, 12:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

@mindvirusgames

Thanks dev for making this. I love Mindcraft's classic/creative/sandbox mode and find your app runs like silk on my iPad when connected to the local server running on my iMac.

Perhaps it's an idea -- before you put Minecrafted back on the appstore -- to create a page on your own site outlining the possibilities of running your own private server? Especially for OS X as I find there isn't much information out there about setting up the legacy server on a Mac. There is no need of course but it may broaden the number of potential users for your app amongst families and friends.

Thanks again for making this!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

now this is just making me crave for alpha version so I can mine on the go for my Jefftopia =(
Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Well if this isnīt approved by Notch, the creator of Minecraft, then I sure hope they get their asses sued for putting this shameful clone out there!