★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The Settlers of Tandria requires your full strategic potential and power of deduction to succeed in thrilling real-time battles.
Do you have what it takes to become a powerful lord?

2 players on 1 iPad: Discover an addictive and thrilling multiplayer experience
Action packed strategy: Use your cleverness and fast reaction to make sure you will win the battle.
Skirmish game mode: Fight against your friends or the AI on randomly created maps.
Campaign: A challenging single player mode that explains the controls and gameplay step by step.
Intuitive touchscreen controls: Drag your units across the map and construct new buildings using simple finger movement.
Fast-forward anytime: Fast forward the game to bypass long construction times.
Easy to learn and addictive: The intuitive gameplay allows everyone to master the game.

Requires iPad OS 3.2 or higher!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=74647
11-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Looks very good to me, but the price tag is too steep for me now.

11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks good but since it is $4 more than the iPhone version, I will wait for impressions.
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I so wish these games had online multiplayer. I no no one who is into this stuff.
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
would be nice to see a movie with the gameplay.
have no clue what it's about yet
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Out in the US.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I seriously seriously doubt it's better than game lofts game. Speaking of which why did ubi even give game loft the job or rights to make it and not d it themselves?
11-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirolak26 View Post
I seriously seriously doubt it's better than game lofts game. Speaking of which why did ubi even give game loft the job or rights to make it and not d it themselves?
It's not because the bosses are brothers that it's the same company. For sure it helps Gameloft to get some license from Ubi Soft.

But I never quote a single game from Gameloft made for another publisher. They develop games but also publish them. They only buy some licenses, sometimes when they can (for sure their talent of making legal clone is a pressure for getting such license agreement).

So it's not Ubisoft that don't want make Gameloft develop their handle games, it's more Gameloft that don't want develop a game they don't publish. At first it's quite possible Ubisoft didn't bother much to enter into the market so they agreed for making some license agreements with Gameloft. And slowly they change their mind. But the more probable is they just can't develop games like Gameloft does (and currently probably no other company can), a matter of budget/organization/teams/costs and perhaps even trademark, that probably succeed build Gameloft at least for some sort of players.
11-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirolak26 View Post
The game was developed by Ubisoft, not Gameloft.
In fact maybe of the developers from the original Settlers worked on the iPad/iPhone Version.
11-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Could anybody post something about the gameplay ... I want to know something about the game and no off topic ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.