Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 AM
iPad

Default Infinity Blade (Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Review: http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/08/in...-blade-review/

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 12-09-2010 at 01:15 AM..
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

Review

Sorry it took so long! My download was really slow for some reason….

Ok so here is my review of Infinity Blades. Im sure you all know the back ground of this game and the hype that has revolved around its release.
I hope you enjoy my review and it sparks you either to wait for a price drop or snatch it while its HOT!

Note: ScreenDisplay does not keep the original quality, it was used as just a look into the game and how it works.

Also this is a very rough review.

Icon:
Believe it or not the icon can make or break an application! I can safely say that Infinity Blades icon looks very crisp on my retina displayed iPhone 4. Although its
fairly bland and average for such an EPIC game. Definitely nothing stunning! Maybe a new icon to come? Im sure they will consider it if lots of people compliance. But personally i
don't mind it. Its acceptable...

Trailer/Basic Introduction

Youtube link | Pop Up

Main Menu:
COMING SOON

-Inventory in-depth:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Options:
Not many option to change. Bit disappointed. I love changing stuff =)

Control:

The controls work well. I've only had a smart period of time with the game but i can assure you that the controls will not "wreck" the game for you. Unlike many
other RPG/FPS games on the iDevice. The control scheme really takes advantage of the screen and its touch sensitivity. This is a real bonus, and it seems even in really
tight situations the controls still handle fine.

Gameplay:
Some maybe disappointed with the no "free roam" side of the game but it appears the developers have somewhat addressed this issue by providing alternative routes around the levels and allowing
the collection of loot such as gold, potions, armour etc. The upgrade system seems very impressive and easy to grip. Unlike many other upgrading techniques this can easily be adopted with no real
learning curve.

Sound:
COMING SOON

Graphics:

What more has to be said other than Unreal Engine 3 and Epic Games! It really a beautiful experience on such a small but elegant device.
As for the performance on the iPad ill see if i can steal my sisters and give it a shot. Maybe post some screen shots etc. The cut scenes are just incredible.
On the retina display they are so vibrant and crisp! You really have to get your hands on this. Its hard to describe the detail that has gone into the graphics. I'll
try and express it in my images as much as possible.

Conclusion:

Hands down the best 3D RPG game available on the AppStore. (although depending on which "controls/gameplay" you rather everyone will have their own opinions.
Having only play a few levels with the game it seems very complex/strategic and intense (battles). Although you may only get 2-4 hours out of this game i cannot recommend it enough.
Also don't forget they are adding content to future updates so its really a win win situation! (see quote below)
Overall i will definitely be sharing this with some friends. Showing them how the iPhone gaming scene is more serious that many think. Also note the last line in the description:

"COMING SOON!

New Areas to conquer! Multiplayer! New Swords, Shields, Helmets, Magic Rings, and Enemies!"

Early Game Score:
- (NOTE VERY ROUGH SCORE) not final still playing/reviewing
Gameplay: 8/10
Sound: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Final Score: 8.5/10

Reviewed by Shap08
iDevice: iPhone 4 32GB FW: 4.2.1

Last edited by salsamd; 12-08-2010 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: added review
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 AM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

omg omg have to wait till 8PM PST booo lol really cant wait
Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

OMG!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Sweet, so this will run on my iPad on 3.2 as well as my iPhone 4 on 4.1! I'm not usually one for wishing my day off away but midnight GMT can't come soon enough for me!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Darn I thought this would have multiplayer right out of the box! Still grabbin it though! Can't wait till this gem comes to Canada!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Well I just played through one bloodline and think it is bloody amazing. It's not deep or huge and expansive but it is done extremely well. I am finding the swipe controls for battle surprisingly good for defensive blocking and combo attacks making battles very strategic and fun but timing is of the essence, move to soon or too late and you get clobbered. Upgrade system is quite diverse and well laid out and of course as expected the graphics and cinematic cut scenes are freaking amazing on the iPhone4. Movement through the castle is tap and go with no free roam however there appear to be a couple of alternate routes through the castle and you can look around to find money, potions and treasure to pick up on the way. The evil king was at level 50 and shredded my poor level 3 butt in no time but I am looking forward to leveling up and mastering new skills and weapons.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
Well I just played through one bloodline and think it is bloody amazing. It's not deep or huge and expansive but it is done extremely well. I am finding the swipe controls for battle surprisingly good for defensive blocking and combo attacks making battles very strategic and fun but timing is of the essence, move to soon or too late and you get clobbered. Upgrade system is quite diverse and well laid out and of course as expected the graphics and cinematic cut scenes are freaking amazing on the iPhone4. Movement through the castle is tap and go with no free roam however there appear to be a couple of alternate routes through the castle and you can look around to find money, potions and treasure to pick up on the way. The evil king was at level 50 and shredded my poor level 3 butt in no time but I am looking forward to leveling up and mastering new skills and weapons.
that sounds not too bad Thanks for sharing impressions!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wow... this play through was way too quick for me.
What is this? 2 or 3 hours game for 5 bucks?
I am definately not sold anymore.

With all this predefined stuff, the game looks more and more like a graphically polished version of Dragons Lair.
One tap here, one swipe there at the right moment... unimpressing.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-08-2010 at 07:34 AM..