• Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.2 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (8)
App description: "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade
"iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic

IMPORTANT: This is a big game and requires either an iPad, or iPhone 3GS or newer, or a 3rd gen iPod Touch or newer. It must be downloaded over a Wi-Fi connection.

Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

This is the FULL award winning game, now on iPad. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.

Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.

World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.

The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.

World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!

Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.

Congratulations, and good luck!

Awards and recognition for World of Goo:
* Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards
* Best Design -Independent Games Festival
* Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival
* Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
* Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun
* Game of the Year -GameTunnel
* Wii Game of the Year -IGN
* Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN
* Best New IP Wii -IGN
* Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN
* Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Preview : http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/08/world-of-goo-preview/

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/15/wo...r-ipad-review/
12-15-2010, 05:04 AM
holy crap, all these games omg!

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
noob

12-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Yeahhhhhhh!!!!

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Looks good but pretty expensive.
12-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Why so little interest?

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-15-2010, 06:08 AM
I have this for Wii. It's a great game. Definitely recommended.
12-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Instant buy obviously and the price for this great game is spot on
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Purchased on the wii long time ago. Would love to have this on the ipad but $9.99 for a game I played and finished, is a lot.

Game Center ID: Brementer

Currently playing:NFS Battleheart, Superbrothers, Real Racing 2, Infinity Field
12-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon34 View Post
Purchased on the wii long time ago. Would love to have this on the ipad but $9.99 for a game I played and finished, is a lot.
Same here. If this had come out sooner. I waited patiently for three weeks from submission, then they bumped it back to today (hmmm probably not so smart) I would have bought it, now there are LOTS of games I want more which cost LOTS less. Sorry 2d boy.
12-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Instant buy obviously and the price for this great game is spot on
The people who got it on steam a while back for 50c would probably disagree with you.