• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 191.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Master the Atlantic in Spectacular HD as a WWII German Submarine Captain. Command type VII, IX, and XXI U-boats and upgrade them to fight more effectively. Get into the action quickly in Arcade mode or stalk your prey and master submarine warfare in Simulation mode.Capture enemies, infiltrate ports, help allies and influence the outcome of the war. Hunt dangerous opponents such as fast corvettes or heavy battleships and evade submarine hunting aircraft.

goiMot's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

US$4.99
Description
Master the Atlantic in Spectacular HD as a WWII German Submarine Captain. Command type VII, IX, and XXI U-boats and upgrade them to fight more effectively. Get into the action quickly in Arcade mode or stalk your prey and master submarine warfare in Simulation mode.Capture enemies, infiltrate ports, help allies and influence the outcome of the war. Hunt dangerous opponents such as fast corvettes or heavy battleships and evade submarine hunting aircraft.

iPhone version:
12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Oooo, might be interested in this.

Does anyone remember Silent Service on the Spectrum. Those were the days

01-15-2013, 01:10 PM
It's on sale. Anyone played this? I know the iPhone version was just an arcade version, not a sim, but judging by the screenshots and the description, I'm thinking it's possible this might be a more complete Silent Hunter experience. I was crazy into SH3 or 4...whichever was the first SH for Windows XP. Had the map laid out on the table, ran the sim in real time while I slept (with the volume cranked up), ready to crash dive I was spotted by an ASW airplane in the middle of the night. Committed the masts to memory so I could quickly determine friend from foe, teansport from armed merchantman, etc.
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
2 years old game and i didnt try

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
01-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
It's on sale. Anyone played this? I know the iPhone version was just an arcade version, not a sim, but judging by the screenshots and the description, I'm thinking it's possible this might be a more complete Silent Hunter experience. I was crazy into SH3 or 4...whichever was the first SH for Windows XP. Had the map laid out on the table, ran the sim in real time while I slept (with the volume cranked up), ready to crash dive I was spotted by an ASW airplane in the middle of the night. Committed the masts to memory so I could quickly determine friend from foe, teansport from armed merchantman, etc.
First I have heard of Silent Hunter HD. Really miss the waterfall sonar display from Seawolf. Now that was a fun sonar to play with.

Anybody actually played SH HD?
01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
I recall Aces of the Deep makes one seasick...

Seriously, worth a buck?

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
01-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Hunt for Red October was a great old DOS game, even though it more or less all played out on radar...