Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprloe View Post
With the price drop, I will be getting Chaos Rings for either Iphone or Ipad. I like the portability of having it on the Iphone, but I want to make sure the Ipad experience (with the added screen size and presumably easier to navigate controls) isn't so much better that I should go for the Ipad version instead.

Any thoughts?
I have it on both devices and while I love it on iPad you don't really need the bigger screen. It boils down to whether you prefer portability or your games on a larger screen.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
If you're totally new to RPG you can check out Yipe 5 on iPhone. Then you can decide if you like the genre enough to move in to these expensive ones.
Yipe 5 is quite special and it's a very strange advice for discovering RPG.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Then you are not exactly new Go ahead and get Chaos Rings, it's quite easy to get into and really fun.
Alright alright... I just bought the iPad version
Old 12-21-2010, 06:36 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Well after to have played the beginning and a part of the first dungeon I'd say my feeling is quite tedious.

The first point is now I played a bit the real game I understand why some complained about the iPad port. Some background are quite blurry and that's too apparent. But also in many area the characters are so tiny, and despite they are tiny or perhaps because they are, they are pixelated.

But that's just superficial points. For sure the story seems interesting but that's one of the worst merging of story and gaming I have seen. On one part there's some talk in the main manor, some events to build the story progression. And another part dungeon with zero story, no quests, just some sample wandering, random encounters, and few room puzzles.

But there's even more, the random encounters coming from monsters that pop from nowhere despite it's not large travel but dungeon or delimited area, that's so tedious for the mood, you wanderer in desert places and monsters pop from thin air to attack you. Moreover the diversity of those random encounters seems quite low it's not the awful repetition like there are ton in Crimson Gen, but it's still a bit tedious.

On top of that in the beginning the fights are just boring, you don't have much interesting choices, and tactics seem pretty thin but that points will certainly improve as the game progress.

All in all the global design lack a lot of finesse and if there's something that could save it it's the story alas it's a lot too diluted, and perhaps the fights, I hope so. Despite blurry parts and sometimes pixelated stuff the graphics tend be better but well Puzzle Quest 2 just shine in comparison.

Now to be clear it's only the beginning of the game and totally unfair for the game, but it's still a quite tedious feeling for its beginning.

Even Dungeon Hunter 2 first parts gave me a better feeling, that said all.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You can switch off combat encounters if you gain certain genes along the way. And you can get the ability pretty early in the game. Part of the fun is collecting genes and figuring out which are the better ones for the characters. As far as story is concern, you need to play for more than a couple hours for things to get interesting. Then you'll be so curious you just have to play till the end.

Yipe 5 is really casual and easy and funny. IMO a great way to get an inkling to what RPG is about.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

it's a nice game. Thanks for your sharing!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Dude. Seriously. Stop posting. Here's your last 5 posts in the iPad forum alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachi2308 View Post
loved it
Quote:
I would LOVE to play this on iPad
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really? You're just needlessly bumping threads.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Dude. Seriously. Stop posting. Here's your last 5 posts in the iPad forum alone.

...snip...

Really? You're just needlessly bumping threads.
That's what i said and noticed in another topic also....i hope one of the moderators see this also and takes some actions against this stupid spamming.

Btw...have put him on my ignore list so i don't see those spam anymore.

Last edited by RodmanSan; 12-22-2010 at 07:46 AM..
Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Speeding his way to senior member.

Not sure if this behavior is report worthy. Will contact a mod about it.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but one quick question. I've got the iPhone version of the game and had just bought an ipad a few days ago. Should I buy the iPad version? Is it worth the extra dollars? It is on sale but it's still quiet pricy. Another option is to use retinapad, would that help? Thanks.