App description: The popular classic adventure game is now back on iPhone!!
No.2 in Total AppStore paid app ranking! No.1 in Game/Adventure ranking! (2011/1/16)

"Manhattan Requiem" , 2nd mysterious adventure game from the "Detective J.B. Harold series" , which was originally released in 1987 on PC-9801 series. This adventure game took the world by storm.
Up to now, over 200,000 copies were sold in various platform. *Includes mobile phone app.
After 23years of time, it's back with iPhone and iPad!!
Of course, we made it possible for HD for iPad and iPhone4.
So, you don't miss the beauty of the graphic!
Also, as it is bilingual (Japanese/English) you can also enjoy the every moment in English while you were playing.
You will be straight into the Hard-boiled world in the US in 90s.
Solid adventure game which provides timeless joy and does not show sign of ages.
Please try Lite version for free. You can play it very first part of the game.

outline
A letter was delivered to J.B. Herald at the homicide dept of the Liverty Police.
The letter was from Sarah Shield And she was dead

The incident happened at 2am on 9th. Sarah fell down from 5th floor of the her apartment.
There was no sign of strangeness and presumed died instantly.

What happened to Sarah?
J.B. was already on the way to Manhattan with her letter on his mind.

New YorkCity of desire.

One right after the other, a number of young ladies jumped to death in Manhattan.
As investigation goes on, mysterious facts turn out one by one.

Our English twitter account: @althi_Inc
You'll get new game info and may get back ground story from our developers
Please follow us and tell us your opinion and idea!

VinceS's comments:

**IT HAS FULL ENGLISH TEXT, DESPITE THE SCREENSHOTS**

I saw this up on the store the other day and gave it a purchase.

For fans of the Japanese visual novel/adventure genre, this is a must buy, especially in a niche I find perfect for IOS.

I will warn you though, you'll be and all at once. Once you break through though and finally beat it, it's a huge mix of .

Anybody else buy this? I can help if anybody needs it. It took me a solid 15 hours to beat and I'm a pretty smart dude.

Definitely worth the $7.99.
02-20-2011, 12:25 AM
enjoyed this very much!!

Had a good time with this one - replay value isn't that hot, once you solve the mystery... but this was a great play. Took me also about 16-17 hours or so.
Buyer beware, the Althi games are remakes of old Japanese PC-98 mystery / visual novel games, so interaction is rather limited - but I loved the hell out of these games before and I still do now.

I just wish Althi/Jyanet would give language options to their other games - this is the only one released in Japanese and English except Utakata, and they have some *nice* Japanese-horror games in their back-catalogue.

02-20-2011, 08:44 AM
any gameplay videos available ?
02-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Downloading now. This will be the first JB Harold game that I've played since "Murder Club" for the Turbo-CD back in the early 90's.

I saw that they were still making JB games in Japan for the Nintendo DS and hoped we would get at least one of them.
02-20-2011, 09:59 AM
This is the kind of game that works on the iOS platform. There isn't many of this genre around, and i'm relatively inexperienced with it.

Graphic novel-games liek Broken Sword etc i've really enjoyed. I've never managed to get in to Phoenix Wright though, so maybe this would be lost on me. Bit of a risk at that price, so i'll try and learn some more about it and watch for price-drops for now. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Hm, this game is now being sold for a buck. I am interested in Japanese graphical adventures, but the app description is in terrible Engrish, which doesn't bode well for the localization. I am currently downloading a Lite, but did anybody try the whole game? And if so, what are the impressions?

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
09-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to intanhsu
help to finish the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceS View Post

**IT HAS FULL ENGLISH TEXT, DESPITE THE SCREENSHOTS**

I saw this up on the store the other day and gave it a purchase.

For fans of the Japanese visual novel/adventure genre, this is a must buy, especially in a niche I find perfect for IOS.

I will warn you though, you'll be and all at once. Once you break through though and finally beat it, it's a huge mix of .

Anybody else buy this? I can help if anybody needs it. It took me a solid 15 hours to beat and I'm a pretty smart dude.

Definitely worth the $7.99.
I got stuck in 86%, I cant find any info on bloom family kidnap case nor mark bennett, can u help me out? its driving me insane.. thx.
09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
So whats the price of this game ? Someone above said the game was being sold for 99c

Now it says $10.99 which seems a joke ?
11-16-2012, 03:37 PM
I’m bringing this thread from the dead just to give people an ability to discover this good game.
Despite terrible ENUGURISHU translation the game is super cool.
11-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Finished this game a while back -- and I felt it would've worked much better as a novel, novella or a (traditional) visual novel. Many characters aren't well-developed and it isn't always obvious which keywords trigger new event and conversation flags. Sometimes, repeatedly using the same keyword in one conversation (with no obvious results at first) is necessary to open new a line of questioning; other times, it may be necessary to inquire about a different subject first before a previously 'unproductive' topic triggers a new conversation flag with ANOTHER character.

Overall, this is good hard-boiled detective fiction let down by incredibly tedious gameplay and flat characters.

Last edited by verlaine; 11-16-2012 at 04:34 PM.