Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    What other RPG series do you like? Have you played Shin Megami Tensei, because if not, Devil Survivor would be the best place to start.

2. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Completely different audience? By that extremely flawed logic, the recently released Monster Hunter Portable 3rd should not have sold four million copies within a month. Same applies for so many portable titles that still sell millions of copies at full retail.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Other than the Tales Series, quite a few. Not many I would buy a handheld for though. Can't say I've played Shin Megami Tensei, but I will look into it.

Only games I can think of that I would buy a 3DS if they were announced would be: ToS, Mass Effect, Elite Beat Agents 2, The World Ends With You 2, maybe Super Smash Bros and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

4. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    My wii is my ToS + other gamecube games + like 3 wii games I own. Mainly my gamecube slave.

5. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #45 csklimowski, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    deleted

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ

I believe it's orignal, not a port. I thought it was going to be one as well, but it should be original.

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #47 dumaz1000, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Nintendo and Sony are not pursuing that particular base. They are competing with each other from this point forward for the approval of what the industry has termed the "dedicated gamer." Basically, the hardcore adult gamer who owns a ps3 or 360 and purchases full priced retail games with some regularity. People who own iDevices and bicker over the pricing of games that cost no more than 9.99 to begin with are not what the gaming industry terms a dedicated gamer. That is a casual gamer, at best.

People who are truly satisfied enough with what the iDevice currently offers as a gaming machine to abandon the idea of owning as PSP2 or a 3DS are not dedicated gamers. iOS games are games that are good for their price range, but often times they are not good games. There are some exceptions to this. But if we are to evaluate the notion of the complete gaming package/experience, iOS games tend to fall short in this category. They are generally lacking in something, even Gameloft games.

Hardcore gamers seek the type of complete package in a video game that the Appstore has yet to offer. Or at least, has yet to offer with any level of consistancy. A very small handful of iOS games might meet this criteria, but in the end, not nearly enough of them do.

A dedicated gamer doesn't say, "OMG, Oblivion 5 for the 360 cost $59.99. There's no way I'm paying that. I think I'll just wait for it to go on sale for a dollar."

8. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP!!!!

holy shit!!!!!!

9. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Yeah, you should definitely try Shin Megami Tensei, specially this "Devil Survivor Overclock" game. Even though the gameplay style is totally different, I thought it shared a lot of resemblances with TWEWY, so if you dug that masterpiece, you are going to like it a lot too.
    ----

For the user who was asking, yep, Paper Mario for 3DS is a brand new story/game. There's a gameplay video out there and it looks great. I'd expect it to come this year in September.

10. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    With an Advance Wars sequel in the line-up, the 3DS would be complete.

Guess I'll just have to occupy myself with Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Resident Evil, and Ocarina of Time until then.

11. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    that's not good at all, but did they say what the download cap is? cause I remember Super Meat Boy devs having only 80mbs for the Wii so I hope it's not capped off on here... :(

12. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Why wouldn't that be good. Point systems are dumb.

And what does that SMB comment have to do with this?

13. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    what if I don't have a credit card available? How am I supposed to get what I want? and as for SMB, I'm referring to the Store having a mb cap so you can only bring certain games to the store unlike iTunes where you can bring an app that takes up 1GB of space.

14. slayerzack1

slayerzack1 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    sony
    i live in japan
    the 3DS well own the dumb psp

15. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If you don't have credit card you can buy Nintendo "gift cards".

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Ummm... maybe because of the fact that with point systems you don't pay tax. If you use actual currency in your online store, a tax is required. PSN and iOS games are taxed, but wii shop and xbox live games are not. But, an advantage to having real currency is that you don't have to do math to figure how much something is

17. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Real currency > point systems

I hate the fact that I perpetually have around 300 MS points on my Live account, unable to bring myself to spend them on Indie titles; just saving them for my next purchase, which will still leave me with change.
    I hope and pray for the day that I will be able to bring my balance back to zero. But inevitably, some sultry temptress of a game will start the cycle once more...

18. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #58 Omega-F, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I love the assortment of colors we have black, super black, jet black, negro black(the spanish kind with mexican rice), um night sky black,... i think there were a few more... oh yeah obsidian black, nintendo black, black black, and wow i think thats all. Did i miss any blacks?

20. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Jack Black

(*drums)