★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "The combination of a quality story, good combat, tough puzzles, and amazing production values make Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden well worth your time and money." - SlidetoPlay.com, 4/4.

Plunge into the most ambitious Action RPG ever released on iOS! Become Ayden, a young hero chosen by the god Uryah to save the kingdom of Lasgalen from the Apocalypse. Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden is an amazing adventure in a majestic world that will fascinate you for countless hours.

Take your first steps on this epic adventure for FREE. Then, if youre ready to take up the challenge, unlock the full game through in-app purchase.
** IMPORTANT: ONCE PURCHASED, THE GAME CAN BE DELETED AND REINSTALLED FREELY ON ANY COMPATIBLE DEVICE REGISTERED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

** Confirm that your device is compatible. This game is only compatible with 3rd and 4th generations of iPod touch (16/32/64GB) devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it meets the system requirements.

A TIMELESS LEGEND
- The peace of the world is now being threatened. Reunite the 4 fragments of Uryahs Grail and gain supernatural powers to defeat Amonbane, the dark lord at the heart of Lasgalens suffering.
- The fight against the demonic Amonbane will mean difficult decisions for Ayden, and Princess Lyanora will help him throughout. But when the moment comes to save the world, will Ayden be ready to make the greatest sacrifice?

AN EPIC ADVENTURE IN A FANTASTIC OPEN WORLD
- Ride your horse, Miya, across the expansive plains of the kingdom and launch powerful sword strikes as you gallop through fields of enemies. Your journey will introduce you to many locations and foes.
- Defeat evil creatures in the Plains of Urvale, fend off enormous bosses in the icy Temple of Altemagus and the volcanic Firepitch Keep to ultimately face Amonbane himself in the royal halls of Kivira Castle.

ALL THE GREATNESS OF A TRUE ACTION/RPG
- Begin your journey with but a simple sword, acquiring new weapons and abilities along the way. Soon, you will wield the Sacred Shield, Locrian Hawk (boomerang), the Nagual Cobra (grappling hook) and even the platinum Gauntlet of Brakor.
- Each new piece of equipment will grant you access to new areas, new techniques and greater danger. They will even help you to overcome the many enigmas and challenges you face.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

The IAP in this game works like most other games in that you buy it once, and can always unlock it later using your iTunes account information. Nothing is consumable at all. The game is free to download, but to play any more than the demo you need to pay the normal Gameloft price to access the rest of the game.

For further info and discussion about this hella confusing IAP use this thread instead please. Thanks!

Retina ScreenShot
(click to enlarge)

International version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sacred-odyssey-rise-of-ayden/id414644949?mt=8
02-02-2011, 05:01 AM
Woooooooot!

Can't wait to get this one!

02-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Legend of Zelda clone?

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
02-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
Legend of Zelda clone?

Yeah, was discussed alot in the upcoming thread and it seems so.

Hehe - nobody has to wait!
We all make Kiwi accounts and try it out before the different releases...

INSM: Did you find out how much the IAP is?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-02-2011, 05:23 AM
how much do you have to pay to unlock the full game? has anyone already downloaded and checked?

and how much "free game" is there? Can you do like five fights and then you have to unlock or what is it like?
02-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Ok, file size is 403 mb. Compared to their normal compress rate, it might be 650 - 700 mb on your iDevice.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-02-2011, 05:34 AM
In settings, you can reposition the HUD elements, including health bar, "V-Pad" , pause button and gameplay buttons such as sword, shield and horse.

There's also a "Playlist" setting, but it's not responding, so perhaps not implemented in this free release?

When I exited to the main menu, it didn't save my progress at all. I probably hadn't reached a checkpoint yet...

řƹȡ1
02-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
It says "Buy full game for $9.99" from within game, but not sure what currency that refers to.

I'm playing it on 2x on the ipad and theres a slight flickering which I find distracting.

When you press the mount/dismount horse button, the horse just magically appears!

Yeah, that are NZ Dollars. So I guess it is 6.99 USD and 5.49.

02-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Is it any good
02-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganaustin View Post
Is it any good

This game was released 38 minutes ago... so impressions still might take a bit.

Hey - does anybody know if it is possible to download it in NZ and immediately do the IAP for another country?

edit: I guess not but might be still a possibility. I guess that t has to be released in the store where you do the purchase.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-02-2011 at 05:43 AM.