Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Aren't the support turrets for Termite and can be placed anywhere in the stage like porta-turrets?

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Jamie has said that they can't have a fifth turret because they don't have space on the turret screen.

Also, Termite's turrets are exactly like porta turrets, and not at all like base turrets.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ohhh!!! Ok, I was a bit confused then. So these new turrets will be in the IAP?

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    What turrets are you talking about? Termite's will be IAP, the lookout turret may or may not.

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Are u going to support airplay. I think that would be amazing playing this on my tv. Ease Jaime. Come through:)

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I'm talking about the Lookout turret. It's a normal turrets right, not like the porta-turrets?

7. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Yep, just like Laser turrets.

Airplay would be great too. +1

8. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Just encountered a glitch where i was being shot at by a flea MG team in a corner so i summoned an ant hole on my ant to escape....except it teleported me right back to where i was standing... so i tried running into it again and it did the same thing...i ate about 4 more MG bullets and died

=(

it was so sad....time to start over again

9. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    We probably shouldn't let the ghost grub launcher be pushed aside in the topic during the day. That seems like a big issue.

10. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Did you try checking for a grub at the upper left hand corner of your food stash? Turrets won't attack grubs there. Grubs can also safety sit inside your sandwich if it's full as well. Also, did you stay by your base and see if any grubs flew into it?

11. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I don't see myself ever using support turrets. I'd be reducing my firepower by 1/4.

12. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I updated to 4.3 and played a game. When I stated it back up just now my profile is gone:( now I need to unlock everything all I've again. WTFFFFFFFFF

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Yes to all of the above.

14. krakencalamari

Feb 26, 2011
    Doesn't happen to me.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I went through the map thoroughly several times and know the spawning locations. Definitely a bug. Right after your prompted with the grub launcher and kill it, almost immediately afterwards you'll get a 2nd prompt about a grub launcher and that's the one that never physically spawned...but it did continually chop my food supply down to zero.

Regarding the diagram of five turrets...ninjakid had me confused as well but I can still see it working without sacrificing much real estate. You can have the UI look something like this when you go to buy turrets with a 5th slot(sorry it's extremely basic):

- - 2 boxes for normal turrets.
    --- 1 long one bar for support turret.
    - - 2 boxes for normal turrets.

cut it into 3 sections, the 1st two bars are your top turrets when you buy them. the middle slot would be alone and only for the "support" turret. The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets. Sure the font would be slightly smaller as well as the buttons that activate them, but they wouldn't be so small that it couldn't work.

I know its only a thought but I could either see it like that r if you took your 4 current boxes and added a much smaller box smack in the middle for the "support" turret, that could work too. I'll draw up something when I get some time to give a better visual. I'm sure whatever is implemented regardless is going to be just as awesome or not better but it's an idea. No complaints either way.

I agree with you at this point only because I have NO idea what to expect with whats added and how things will be balanced in the next update. More firepower is without a doubt better at this point with only 4 turret slots.

Sorry to hear that. I tested 4.3 out and my data is still in tact.

16. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Isn't this just a question of how strong they are? Obviously, if you make them powerful enough, they are better than what they replace. And if you make them too weak then they aren't worth buying. So it's just up to the designer to balance them.

17. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Godson! Your right on target about the grub launchers, the very same thing has happened to me. ( a few times)

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I agree with this 5 turrets idea. Makes sense.

19. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what does the next update contain>?

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I think it contains the new support turrets...
    I think.