★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Physmo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 15.8 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.2 (11)
App description: Jump, dodge and race Mos through 25 glorious stages of fast paced retro platforming action!

With exceptionally clever level design, gorgeous pixellated graphics and solid platform dynamics you'll want to keep playing and playing.

Find secret areas, collect the spooky hidden skulls, grab every coin, and, once you get fast, you can try to beat the speed-run time! There really is something for all skill levels, from casual to hard-core gamers.

There are 12 cool costumes to unlock throughout the game, see if you can find every spooky ghost and you'll get a new costume for each one.

And there's loads more! We have been adding new features regularly ever since we released the game, awesome features like video recording and exporting, game centre scoreboards, lots of achievements, web levels you can download to the game, random twitter taunts, dynamic costumes, and things we can't even remember but were probably awesome!

Oh yeah, the amazing chip tune soundtrack will make you weep pixels!

This is a universal app for iPhone and iPad. Bargain!

PRESS QUOTES
pick this one up with confidence. - slidetoplay.com ( 4/4 MUST HAVE! )
an instant classic, refuelling our primal gaming needs. - TouchGen ( 4/5 Editors Choice! )
dont hesitate to give Mos Speedrun a try. - Touch Arcade
"it's one of those games you'll find yourself continuously playing." - gamezebo.com
"Fans of tough platformers .. should jump on this deal immediately." - gamepro.com (9/10)
"a compulsive race against yourself" - pocketgamer.co.uk (8/10)
"Mos Speedrun is a must-have title and one of the freshest experiences currently on Apple devices." - Daily Record (4/5)

RELIVE the golden age of 8 bit graphics and chip tunes!
DIE a lot, and be accompanied through the level by hoards of replay ghosts!
FIND secret online levels on your favourite web sites!
USE the easy to master 2 button control system or classic onscreen d-pad.
BE THE BEST on the game center scoreboards, and rack up achievements!
RECORD your best speedruns and upload them for the world to see!
FIND the secret ghosts to unlock new costumes!

Thank you to all our fans for your support, ratings and great reviews. If you enjoy the game please rate us on the Appstore, it really helps us out!

follow us online:
twitter.com/physmo
www.physmo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

touchArcade Review!
04-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Loving the look of this ! Instant purchase for me later

04-06-2011, 06:08 AM
soooo looking forward to this one. Been following it in the Upcoming section.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Wow insta buy this looks sweet.
04-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Control impressions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarla View Post
About the controls... I've tried both the control schemes and yeah, it is easier to control with the d-pad scheme.. but I figure the devs wouldn't have made the 'mos' scheme the default for no reason. The game moves really fast so with onscreen d-pad my fat fingers cover a bit more of the screen than I'd like.

So I'm sticking with 'mos' controls. After some practice I've become quite good at them, though there's lots of room to improve. I do like a control scheme that makes you work hard to master it You sort of have to use your brain in a different way than usual in a platformer.. almost like a dual stick shooter or something..

The way how if you're holding 'jump' while in the air you'll jump as soon as you hit the ground, makes for some really intricate timing things you can do to shave bits off your time.. hard to explain.. but it's like you can get ready to jump before you even hit the ground, so you can land super close to enemies and jump over them in the nick of time. And minutely changing the timing of when you press can drastically affect what happens.. This is all very satisfying when running at high speed without stopping.

[edit: oh yeah, another good thing bout the 'mos' control scheme is that it works perfectly at 2x on iPad, where onscren d-pad would become too spaced out... not that this will matter when the game becomes universal..]

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-06-2011, 08:52 AM
As a self confessed pixel-art games lover, I'm embarrassed to admit that this little baby had until now escaped my radar! This will be on my iTunes account on the stroke of midnight.

Lookin' forward to seeing how it shapes up against League of Evil and, although on a slightly different platforming vibe, Karoshi.

Mmmm, can't wait..!!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Quality platfomers in abundance lately. Excellent :].

Twitter: @back2this
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Found this hands on at Touchgen and watched his hand to jump delay and it looked like there isn't one which is good news. Obviously need to play to see how tight it really is but I am impressed with the video none the less.

http://www.touchgen.net/mos-speedrun-hands-on-video

Gamecenter - Kurosaki Ichigo
04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Only 4 hours left to buy this

And i read the controls are good. Also like a lot the music i hear in the trailers and videos. Viva la Chiptunes!!
04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
This should help you guys when you get the game: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=90037

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.