Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Now on the last section. Soooo fun! been playing this all day trying to collect badges and awards. damn this 4th world is hard. You guys will know what I mean tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:11 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Darnit crex, I don't know if I can wait that long!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Darnit crex, I don't know if I can wait that long!!!!
Hang in there buddy. I asure you it will be worth the wait.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

hehe, excellent!! Are you able to compare the tightness of the controls to (I hate to mention this one again!) League of Evil?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
hehe, excellent!! Are you able to compare the tightness of the controls to (I hate to mention this one again!) League of Evil?
They are basically exactly the same but Mos doesn't have an attack button. Hope that helped.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yeah, sounds great. I really like that idea actually (not having an attack), as it must make you feel a lot more vulnerable. Can you jump on enemies to kill them? I wonder if the devs have any plans to release any playable characters..
Old 04-06-2011, 04:32 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Yeah, sounds great. I really like that idea actually (not having an attack), as it must make you feel a lot more vulnerable. Can you jump on enemies to kill them? I wonder if the devs have any plans to release any playable characters..
Nope. Can't jump on them.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I heard that they may release a zombie character to play with. And yes, i would also like very much to jump on them to kill them. Well, its only 13 hours away till release!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Yes yes yes i been waiting for this one. Instant buy when it becomes avaiable where i live.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Woot, Physmo sent me a copy last night.. it's fun!

And.. It's hard! I'm still only at world 2 level 2. I spent a few hours playing world 1 repeatedly to get all the badgers. It feels very nice to play... good and smooth on my 2G iPod.

It's hilarious when you've died lots of times and have masses of ghosts all crazily running around.. that's a lovely touch.

About the controls... I've tried both the control schemes and yeah, it is easier to control with the d-pad scheme.. but I figure the devs wouldn't have made the 'mos' scheme the default for no reason. The game moves really fast so with onscreen d-pad my fat fingers cover a bit more of the screen than I'd like.

So I'm sticking with 'mos' controls. After some practice I've become quite good at them, though there's lots of room to improve. I do like a control scheme that makes you work hard to master it You sort of have to use your brain in a different way than usual in a platformer.. almost like a dual stick shooter or something..

The way how if you're holding 'jump' while in the air you'll jump as soon as you hit the ground, makes for some really intricate timing things you can do to shave bits off your time.. hard to explain.. but it's like you can get ready to jump before you even hit the ground, so you can land super close to enemies and jump over them in the nick of time. And minutely changing the timing of when you press can drastically affect what happens.. This is all very satisfying when running at high speed without stopping.

Oh and I love Mos herself. So cute!

Might have a crack at the rest of world 2 now...

[edit: oh yeah, another good thing bout the 'mos' control scheme is that it works perfectly at 2x on iPad, where onscren d-pad would become too spaced out... not that this will matter when the game becomes universal..]

Last edited by nyarla; 04-06-2011 at 05:48 AM..

Closed Thread