• Publisher: CAVE CO.,LTD.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 219.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.10
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.2 (9)
App description: ### Mushihimesama BUG PANIC ###
A bomb-throwing bug-busting action game based on the legendary arcade shooter series "Mushihimesama"!
A mysterious voice, and a mysterious girl..what's going on in Shinju Forest?? Reco's adventure begins now!
Use three different types of seed bombs to bring peace back to the insect kingdom!

### Praise for Mushihimesama BUG PANIC ###
"...thanks to some truly great controls, challenging boss battles and endearing graphics and music, CAVE have done it again Im hooked."
-Touchgen 4/5

""I'm happy to report that Bug Panic meets the high expectations of a CAVE title, offering a fun and unique adventure that's perfectly suited to the platform."
-Touch Arcade

"It's insanely hard at times, but Mushihimesama Bug Panic is also one of the best twostick shooters on the iPhone."
10/10
-Slide to Play

### GAME FEATURES ###
THREE BUG SMASHING GAME MODES
Adventure - Enjoy an original comic-book story set after the events of Mushihimesama Futari
Score Trials - Includes two intense BUG PANIC score attack modes. Levels are added as you clear worlds in Adventure Mode!
Bug Battle - NEW - Swarm your friends over Bluetooth and Wi-fi! 2P competitive bug panic!

ORIGINAL BGM for a new Mushihimesama World

Enough bullets to satisfy any shooter fan! Dodge through the bullet storm!

CONTROL OPTIONS
Controls adapted to the iPhone: three different types of controls to choose from! Switch auto-bomb ON and OFF!
Switch Attack Modes!

GAME CENTER
Compatible with Game Center! Rankings compatible with each game mode and achievements to unlock!

Compete with friends across the world for high scores! Beat challenges in-game to unlock achievements and brag to your friends.
Go for a full achievement list!

Jigsaw puzzle minigame included! Unlock a beautiful illustration by Mushihimesama Futari illustrator "HACCAN"!

### IMPORTANT ### : For those about to purchase this application, please read the below before purchasing.

This game will only run on iPhone4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd Generation and up (iOS 4.1 and up), and iPad devices (iOS 4.3 and up).
iPhone3G, 1st Gen iPod touch, 2nd Gen iPod touch (Late 2009, End 2009 8GB) are not compatible.
If you are unsure whether your device is compatible with the application, please download the LITE version and confirm that it works on your device.
Since this application uses a significant amount of memory, it is possible that it will crash when device memory is low. If this happens, please consult our Support Page.
Turning the expand/shrink accessibility function "ON" may interfere with in-game play.
If you have trouble with Game Center matching, please verify that the Multiplayer Option is set to ON in your device Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Multiplayer.

### Stay tuned to CAVE!!
CAVE World Official Homepage http://www.cave-world.com/en
CAVE WORLD Official twitter http://twitter.com/cave_world_en
CAVE Official facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/CAVECoLtd

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/18/mu...stick-shooter/

lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mushihimesama-bug-panic-lite/id401130455?mt=8
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroRock View Post
Anyone having problem with online multiplayer?
I'm trying to play via Game Center for few days and there is no one to play with.. or maybe its something else...
When Caves games were on sale, it would connect me in 5 secs. I'm sure there was much more people playing these days but I just can't believe that there is no japanese or someone on earth who plays it when I do.
Yeah, it seems like this game is not popular at all or Game Center isn't making the connections. Sometimes I just start looking for a random game, then surf the web until it finds another player, or times out... Then I just restart again then surf the web some more...

Yeah, adding a little to syntheticvoid's comment... I seem to run into the same few players from time to time (especially the people with high number of wins on gamecenter). I find the skills pretty varying. I'd have to say I can beat at least 1/2 of the opponents I've faced so far pretty easily (and I don't think I'm good). I'm starting to "let" games be close, or lose a few times so people won't quit on me.

The good ~1/4 of players are pretty hard to play against. If I beat them, sometimes it feels like an accomplishment and sometimes it feels like luck/or they let me. The last 1/4 of the time, its the most fun finding people of the same skill. These games keeps going back and forth.

I find most of the time, people will play up to ~5 games at most. Most people pick only the first map (maybe thats the only map most people have unlocked). I like to keep rotating through the different maps though for variety. I think one time, I played over 15-20 games against one opponent and had a blast...

Last edited by tops2; 05-10-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Comment about people's skills.
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Me too... Harder and harder to find people online... Pretty sure it's because there's a handful of people that play online a lot, and just whoop the crap out of everyone else, so no one wants to play anymore...
*points in your direction*

Twitter: @back2this

05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Someone needs to change the title of this thread

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
Former App and Game reviewer and news writer for App-Score, Lowdown Magazine and TouchAholics.
Follow Me On Twitter @triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
*points in your direction*
Haha.. I should play him sometime to see how badly I'll be beaten!
05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Haha.. I should play him sometime to see how badly I'll be beaten!
Definitely. Go add him on GC; from what I've observed, he'll be able to catch a few games with you quite often. He's definitely one of the best players. Won a lot fewer times than I lost against him, that's for sure.

Twitter: @back2this
05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Found the kabutan, picked it up, but failed to return to the goal (not enough time)

I knew now where to find that damn kabutan, but the problem is it never appear again. Why?
05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
The only advice is to keep trying and try to remember how to trigger the kabutan. For future runs, try to just go only for the hidden triggers for the kabutan and skip as many of the other hidden triggers. Some of the later levels took more tries then I'd like... but I got them all in the end...
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Really wasn't interested in this game when it first came out, but the recent revival has piqued my interest. It seems like there are at least a few people still playing this game. Maybe I should just go get my butt kicked in multiplayer...
06-21-2011, 12:44 PM
1st time i felt such great despair when I'm facing the boss

no matter how I try, I couldn't win it

can some1 upload the ending screenshots (spoiler) ?
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
1st time i felt such great despair when I'm facing the boss

no matter how I try, I couldn't win it

can some1 upload the ending screenshots (spoiler) ?
The last boss was pretty difficult for me. Do you have max number of lives? I think I beat the last boss eventually by dying so much until I had the max number of lives, then eventually on a good run, I was able to beat him. I still can't beat the last boss even 25% of the times when I try...