★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD

Elegantly simple 3 minutes to learn tension building at every turn definitely NOT your Father's train game!

*** Apple Game of the Week (iPad), June 9-15, 2011 #1 in Strategy Games #1 in Board Games #9 in Top Apps in the App Store*** (Source: TopAppCharts, May-June 2011)

**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"

**Ars Technica: "The iPad version of Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."

**Wired: "the app is a beaut. If youre a fan of board games and youve got an iPad, this is definitely one youll want to get."

**148Apps: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice "the best translation of a board game to iOS yet"

**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."

By the makers of Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!

The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonders best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:

Includes Pass-and-Play with up to 5 live opponents on one iPad
Alan R. Moons official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
Solo play against up to 4 AI players
Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
Contextual in-game Conductors Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
Online and offline Hall of Fame

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/19/ti...o-ride-review/
05-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Wow! This is awesome news. One of my favorite games of all time. An instabuy when it becomes available in the U.S. tonight.

I hope Days of Wonder continues to convert its games to the iOS platform. I want Gang of Four next.

05-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Is this similar to the boardgame "Railway Rivals"?

Jamie
05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Small world is a great game ..... I doubt I can resist!
05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
I have heard great things bout the game but really know nothing about it.

I'm guessing this game doesn't work for same system multiplayer?
05-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Oh my! This will be an instant buy and I'm *so* happy to hear that it integrates with their own online. This is like the best news ever! I'll buy the game and the expansions. Just awesome!

I do hope that it has same-device multiplayer, but it sure doesn't say so, so I guess not. That's a shame, but then again you've got the usual issue of having to hide cards from other players, so maybe it makes sense.
05-17-2011, 09:09 AM
They should consider implementing the Scrabble "Tile Rack" thing for local multiplayer - that's such an awesome approach...

Jamie
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
For players of the board game, how does it compare to the Ticket to ride Card game (which is not bad, but got me bored quite quickly)?

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur
05-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
For players of the board game, how does it compare to the Ticket to ride Card game (which is not bad, but got me bored quite quickly)?
I'm pretty sure this game is a direct iOS version of the Ticket to Ride card game that you're referring to. In fact, you can see the retail boxes in the promo images.

I love games like this. I'll be looking forward to downloading this. And, knowing that the devs did not offer crazy sales for Small World, I'm more confident in paying the release price for this game. Now watch, they'll go and prove me wrong by having some sort of sale.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I'll wait for reviews. Probably would have been an insta buy for me if we didn't have such a bad experience with their last conversion, 'small world'. Let's hope it has a better interface: one that doesn't involve ridiculous forced upside down views along with iPad spinning. (a first in two years of app gaming)