Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJoker View Post
Guys, could you stop derailing the thread?
I come here looking for sugestions of games similar to pokemon and most of the thread is two guys arguing about rumors (that in my opinion are just stupid, that would never happen)
I wouldn't call it stupid, stranger things have happened, but I do agree that we're starting to drift off-topic, and I apologize for contributing to the derailing of the topic.

More on topic, there are emulators on which you can play pokémon on a jailbroken iPhone. It's not legal everywhere though, but where it is legal it is a decent alternative till something better comes along.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMattis View Post
I wouldn't call it stupid
No. It's stupid. Nintendo would never, ever do something like that. That would be like Apple putting iOS on a Nokia phone. Just nonsense. You're either gullible or trying to sound cool. Or trolling. I don't know.

Anyway, Space Joker aside from jailbreaking and emulating Pokemon, Geo Society is the closest you're gonna get. It's not great... or even very good. But it'll do if you really want something like Pokemon.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RMILLION View Post
No. It's stupid. Nintendo would never, ever do something like that. That would be like Apple putting iOS on a Nokia phone. Just nonsense. You're either gullible or trying to sound cool. Or trolling. I don't know.
iOS on Nokia is hardly a fair comparison, you might as well have suggested Microsoft releasing a app for PS3 that let PS3 owners play any Xbox360 game on their PS3.

I've already named a fairly reasonable scenario with a reason to sell a pokémon game on the iPhone, and if you seriously consider it I am sure you could come up with several more possible scenarios. If you cannot I suggest you give the "reasons to do"-line of thinking a try instead of merely "reasons not to do".
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
I've already named a fairly reasonable scenario with a reason to sell a pokémon game on the iPhone, and if you seriously consider it I am sure you could come up with several more possible scenarios. If you cannot I suggest you give the "reasons to do"-line of thinking a try instead of merely "reasons not to do".
What scenario? That it wouldn't cut into their profits? That makes no sense. That would definitely cut into their profits. Why on earth would they give money to their competition and drive customers away from them? I'm sure I don't have to tell you that most companies LOSE money when they make systems and make money off of the games they sell. In your line of reasoning why wouldn't they just throw "classic" Pokemon games on the PSP while they're at it? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's greatest cash cows. You must be really naive or have the worst business sense in the world. Or both.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey Guys,

We've just released GeoSociety - this thread on this forum has youTube clips of the game play. It is quite a bit like Pokemon but is still quite original due to its 3vs3 battles and time based system: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=97665&page=5
Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikyro View Post
Hey Guys,

We've just released GeoSociety - this thread on this forum has youTube clips of the game play. It is quite a bit like Pokemon but is still quite original due to its 3vs3 battles and time based system: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=97665&page=5
We have ourselves a winner!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Why not just use gpSPhone for the iPod touch and iPhone? (It's a GBA rom emulator).
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Racing Fan View Post
Why not just use gpSPhone for the iPod touch and iPhone? (It's a GBA rom emulator).
Because it's not legal unless you have the actual game.

GeoSociety is the one of the best, if not the best, attempt at a Pokemon-inspired game. The only complaint is that the controls and the battle system aren't as fluid as I want them too. However, horizontal control, full screen, and online interaction between players is going to come in an update.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RMILLION View Post
What scenario? That it wouldn't cut into their profits? That makes no sense. That would definitely cut into their profits. Why on earth would they give money to their competition and drive customers away from them? I'm sure I don't have to tell you that most companies LOSE money when they make systems and make money off of the games they sell. In your line of reasoning why wouldn't they just throw "classic" Pokemon games on the PSP while they're at it? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's greatest cash cows. You must be really naive or have the worst business sense in the world. Or both.
Releasing a pokémon classic for the iPhone will not stop people from buying the DS or 3DS. If the players wanted no more than the old classics they would just stick to the Gameboy Classic, but this is not the case, and a good pokémon game for the iPhone may even attract more customers to the 3DS with the promise of even better pokémon games.
Gotta catch 'em all!

Oh, and by the way, calling others naive and stupid isn't impressing anyone. Would it be such a pain to phrase yourself more politely?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Releasing a pokémon classic for the iPhone will not stop people from buying the DS or 3DS. If the players wanted no more than the old classics they would just stick to the Gameboy Classic, but this is not the case, and a good pokémon game for the iPhone may even attract more customers to the 3DS with the promise of even better pokémon games.
Gotta catch 'em all!
Considering the fact that they wouldn't be able to sell a Pokemon game for 50 bucks on the app store and that most people would just pirate it anyway, I don't think it would be a wise decision for Nintendo at all. Plus it probably wouldn't attract people to buy a 3DS with the promise of a better Pokemon game because most people would just settle for the iOS offering.