App description: *** 4/5 stars by iFanzine.com "... highly recommended" ***
*** 2nd place on the danish app store overall ***

Pixeleap brings you the epic new platformer Up To The Top !

Featuring 3 different themed worlds all with unique graphics and great original music

Up To The Top is easy to pick up even if you have never played a game before and still proves challenging to the seasoned gamer.

The controls are easy to learn and extremely responsive!

The game features a lot of hidden treasures and challenges.

You race against time to become the worlds best climber and claim the throne from the mountain goats.

Gamecenter with leaderboards and achievements.

Go get warmed up!

*** Disclaimer: Does not run on 2nd Gen iPod or earlier ***
*** You must have iOS 4.0 or higher to run the game ***
Runs smooth and stable across all other devices!

Higlights:
* 3 unique and beautiful graphical themes
* beautifully composed soundtrack
* fast paced action
* Game Center integration
* Super responsive controls
* adjusted joypad position for iPad

Doom's comments:
I am proud to announce that Pixeleap Studios has just finished their newest game, Up To The Top and it has just been released for IPhone and IPod!
Up To The Top is a beautiful side scrolling platformer that kids and adults alike will love to play, taking control of a cute little dinosaur to make that difficult climb to the top. Each level you tackle will have several ways to get to the top, and the path you choose will determine if you make it to the finish line before the clock runs out.. Pick the wrong path and you will have to start again, while keeping in mind that the more perilous route sometimes yeilds some super items to collect!
Up To The Top runs like a dream on older devices like iPhone 3G, looks great on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and screams on iPad. Peter with Pixeleap is dedicated to bringing you the best iOS games..please use this space to let them know how you like their efforts..Thanks
#dkgame

06-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Developer here

Hi everyone,

Developer of Up To The Top here

Got our gameplay video link for you and a few screens:

Youtube link | Pop Up

winter theme:

Jungle theme:

Autumn theme (and evil rock):

This is the icon to look for on the appstore:

I sincerely hope you all enjoy the game and look forward to hear your thoughts on it

Happy gaming!

Peter

** Edit:
The update for Up To The Top is underway, here is a little sneak peak of the new world:

And the game is FREE on the appstore untill the update comes out!

We hope you all enjoy it!

Peter

Last edited by Pixeleap; 04-30-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: update on the way

06-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Thanks to Pixeleap for taking the time to make a masterpiece..thanks to imnosuperman for the help to post correct

I like to test iOS games..@Doomfan on twitter..say hi to me
06-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Adjustable D-Pad position on the iPad listed as a feature yet the app isn't universal?
06-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Hi Gabrien,

The game is not in a hd version, but we adjusted The joypad position for those of you who prefer to play on your iPad. It does upscale fine, but is not hd

Peter
06-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Not bad

Not too shabby for an iOS platformer. Better-than-average level design, decent graphics, good sound, good control. I do wish there was more to to it than collect and avoid, but the levels are fun to play.

BTW, I'm playing on iPad and 2x still looks good.
06-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Nevermind just watched the vid... Buying now!!

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
06-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Wow! So far I am pretty impressed!

The controls are good, physics are good, gameplay is pretty good, and challenging. I like how you loose time when you hit an enemy. The animations are alright... The first thing I noticed is that you don't turn around when you change directions in the air, you move backwards... Doesn't effect gameplay, but it looks a little funny...

You run around the levels, collecting gold, looking for, so far, 4 bigger clumps of gold, and one golden ice pick, in each level. You are timed, and loose time when you run into or touch an enemy, but there are clock pickups throughout the levels. So far, I'm liking it! In the trailer, it looks like collecting gold slows you down a tad, but that's not the case in the game, at least I didn't notice it while playing... Recommend it if you want another speedrun platformer! =oD

**edit**

I take it back, now I am noticing some slight slowdown when collecting coins in the air...

It doesn't hurt gameplay or your time... Just weird... When walking and collecting coins, you go right through em, but in the air it's like you're hitting the coins... =o/

There's also only 16 levels, and 3 challenge levels, are you guys planning on adding more in the future?

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 06-21-2011 at 07:01 AM.
06-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow, I am glad you guys like it! This means so much

When you have played it some more, we are very open to suggestions for coming updates, as we really want to keep supporting the game.

Peter
06-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
**edit**

I take it back, now I am noticing some slight slowdown when collecting coins in the air...

It doesn't hurt gameplay or your time... Just weird... When walking and collecting coins, you go right through em, but in the air it's like you're hitting the coins... =o/
Nothing tha showed up on the beta rounds, will look into it right away. Hope it is not too bad

Peter