Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Robots Love Ice Cream

Hey guys,

I wanted to post on here and introduce myself and my company. My name is Burton Posey and I have a company called Addo Games. We've been working on a game for the past several months called Robots Love Ice Cream and we're currently in the process of raising funds to help supplement the costs of its development.

You can check out our Kickstarter project page here, Robots Love Ice Cream for the iPad .

The game puts the player in the role of an ice cream truck driver that travels across the galaxy, saving planets from robotic invaders. To defeat the robots, the player launches various ice cream weapon treats at the robots. As we all know, robots love ice cream, so when they get enough, they explode with joy,

The game is heavily influenced by some of the first video games I ever played (Missile Command, Space Invaders) as well as some of my favorites (U.N. Squadron). The look and feel of the game is a 3d in a 2d world with vinyl toy-like characters. The design of the characters is full of Mega Man and Super Mario 3 inspiration.

For the duration of the KS project, you can download the title song for free from the project page. It was composed by MisfitChris and Disasterpeace (he's the guy doing the music for Fez, the upcoming Xbox Live game).

I've repeated enough of what's on the KS page, but if any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I definitely want people looking forward to the game to be able to help influence it's development and what the final product will have to enjoy!

Thanks!

Here's some concept art for several of our weapons

Update:
Here's our final poster design we have as a reward.

Last edited by burtonposey; 07-07-2011 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Added poster design