★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
#21
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 293
Looks like a pile o fun. I'm in as soon as it hits the store.
07-13-2011, 12:43 PM
#22
ok early non-US adopters, how is it?

07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
#23
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 937
I will wait for the inevitable 99 cent Labor Day sale.
07-13-2011, 01:25 PM
#24
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I will wait for the inevitable 99 cent Labor Day sale.
what he said

Game Center: Nizen
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
#25
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Game Impressions

Early impressions, but disappointed with this so far.

Firstly, this is much more of an endless runner type of gameplay than a racer. You cannot accelerate or brake, only steer left and right.

The handling of the car feels too "light," as if there's just not enough weight to it. Consequently collisions and your whole general interaction with the game world feel flimsy and unsatisfying.

Worst of all, the frame rate is consistently noticeably choppy. Not to the point of being unplayable by any means but this is not running at 60 FPS and you know it. Not even close. And mind you this is on an iPad 2. In light of other racers (not that this is a racer) that have come out recently this is simply unacceptable and severely hinders enjoyment.

The gameplay itself is just deflatingly basic. Again, think "endless runner" territory.

Had this been a lite version I'd be just about at the "delete and move on" point already. As it is, I'm compelled to persevere mainly from the stubborn insistence to salvage some kind of fun out of my $4 before I resign myself to it being wasted.
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
#26
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Early impressions, but disappointed with this so far.

Firstly, this is much more of an endless runner type of gameplay than a racer. You cannot accelerate or brake, only steer left and right.

The handling of the car feels too "light," as if there's just not enough weight to it. Consequently collisions and your whole general interaction with the game world feel flimsy and unsatisfying.

Worst of all, the frame rate is consistently noticeably choppy. Not to the point of being unplayable by any means but this is not running at 60 FPS and you know it. Not even close. And mind you this is on an iPad 2. In light of other racers (not that this is a racer) that have come out recently this is simply unacceptable and severely hinders enjoyment.

The gameplay itself is just deflatingly basic. Again, think "endless runner" territory.

Had this been a lite version I'd be just about at the "delete and move on" point already. As it is, I'm compelled to persevere mainly from the stubborn insistence to salvage some kind of fun out of my $4 before I resign myself to it being wasted.
That's too bad, I was excited for this too. You mentioned endless runner a couple times so is there no end to each track or does just not having complete control of the car make it that way?

Gamecenter - Kurosaki Ichigo
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
#27
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I will wait for the inevitable 99 cent Labor Day sale.
I think you'll be waiting longer than that, are you patient?

Drat!
07-13-2011, 02:18 PM
#28
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbernritter View Post
That's too bad, I was excited for this too. You mentioned endless runner a couple times so is there no end to each track or does just not having complete control of the car make it that way?
The latter. Tracks are indeed varied and have an end. It's just the gameplay is of the shallow pick up and play variety characteristic of endless runners. Which, to be fair, in itself would not be necessarily terrible even if I expected something else, had the game been technically sound and highly polished. It isn't.
07-13-2011, 02:18 PM
#29
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 43
Send a message via Skype™ to Pseven7
This game looks awesome! Too bad about the impressions. I'll still give it a go.
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
#30
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 2,190
After Gabriens impressions I'm giving this second thoughts I was always worried about the frame rate as they could never get that right in Reckless Racing might pick up something else instead

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!