Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks like a pile o fun. I'm in as soon as it hits the store.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM

ok early non-US adopters, how is it?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I will wait for the inevitable 99 cent Labor Day sale.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
what he said
Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Early impressions, but disappointed with this so far.

Firstly, this is much more of an endless runner type of gameplay than a racer. You cannot accelerate or brake, only steer left and right.

The handling of the car feels too "light," as if there's just not enough weight to it. Consequently collisions and your whole general interaction with the game world feel flimsy and unsatisfying.

Worst of all, the frame rate is consistently noticeably choppy. Not to the point of being unplayable by any means but this is not running at 60 FPS and you know it. Not even close. And mind you this is on an iPad 2. In light of other racers (not that this is a racer) that have come out recently this is simply unacceptable and severely hinders enjoyment.

The gameplay itself is just deflatingly basic. Again, think "endless runner" territory.

Had this been a lite version I'd be just about at the "delete and move on" point already. As it is, I'm compelled to persevere mainly from the stubborn insistence to salvage some kind of fun out of my $4 before I resign myself to it being wasted.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
iPhone 5s, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Early impressions, but disappointed with this so far.

Firstly, this is much more of an endless runner type of gameplay than a racer. You cannot accelerate or brake, only steer left and right.

The handling of the car feels too "light," as if there's just not enough weight to it. Consequently collisions and your whole general interaction with the game world feel flimsy and unsatisfying.

Worst of all, the frame rate is consistently noticeably choppy. Not to the point of being unplayable by any means but this is not running at 60 FPS and you know it. Not even close. And mind you this is on an iPad 2. In light of other racers (not that this is a racer) that have come out recently this is simply unacceptable and severely hinders enjoyment.

The gameplay itself is just deflatingly basic. Again, think "endless runner" territory.

Had this been a lite version I'd be just about at the "delete and move on" point already. As it is, I'm compelled to persevere mainly from the stubborn insistence to salvage some kind of fun out of my $4 before I resign myself to it being wasted.
That's too bad, I was excited for this too. You mentioned endless runner a couple times so is there no end to each track or does just not having complete control of the car make it that way?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I think you'll be waiting longer than that, are you patient?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbernritter View Post
That's too bad, I was excited for this too. You mentioned endless runner a couple times so is there no end to each track or does just not having complete control of the car make it that way?
The latter. Tracks are indeed varied and have an end. It's just the gameplay is of the shallow pick up and play variety characteristic of endless runners. Which, to be fair, in itself would not be necessarily terrible even if I expected something else, had the game been technically sound and highly polished. It isn't.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Pseven7

This game looks awesome! Too bad about the impressions. I'll still give it a go.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

After Gabriens impressions I'm giving this second thoughts I was always worried about the frame rate as they could never get that right in Reckless Racing might pick up something else instead