Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
yea but then WI got multiplayer shortly after that. And it was the bomb also...that one was pretty great too . Only thing that i remember sucking was that units couldnt walk and shoot...and no zoom but it was a pretty good game too
Well, the game also had the worst pathfinding out of any iOS RTS, lol. But yeah, units not automatically attacking enemies was a bunch of bull. Besides that, the graphics were a pain even if it came out in 2008. I played it quite a bit once multiplayer came out as well. Heh, RTS has always been my favorite genre of games xD.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Well, the game also had the worst pathfinding out of any iOS RTS, lol. But yeah, units not automatically attacking enemies was a bunch of bull. Besides that, the graphics were a pain even if it came out in 2008. I played it quite a bit once multiplayer came out as well. Heh, RTS has always been my favorite genre of games xD.
Yea I hadn't been exposed much to RTS games in the past except a few which I can't even remember. I did always read up with the latest so I knew what the basics were at least. When I first saw Red Conquest, I found that the most interesting thing was that the Base was a movable unit on it's own that had movement and attack. I couldn't tell you if this concept has been done in the past but to me it's a very revolutionary concept which really lends itself to the platform. You dont need to constantly to back to the base to build units...you build them as you're attacking!

Not only that, but the graphics on this game are phenomenal. The blue units are incredibly detailed as are the red and green units. You get a much better sense of the green units with the retina display...The graphics+sound of each of the different factions attacking etc...all top notch. It's a shame more people didn't like this game. I can see how having such a complicated control scheme is very off putting to many people but I can't really think of a better control scheme myself...so I dont know what to tell you
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yea I hadn't been exposed much to RTS games in the past except a few which I can't even remember. I did always read up with the latest so I knew what the basics were at least. When I first saw Red Conquest, I found that the most interesting thing was that the Base was a movable unit on it's own that had movement and attack. I couldn't tell you if this concept has been done in the past but to me it's a very revolutionary concept which really lends itself to the platform. You dont need to constantly to back to the base to build units...you build them as you're attacking!

Not only that, but the graphics on this game are phenomenal. The blue units are incredibly detailed as are the red and green units. You get a much better sense of the green units with the retina display...The graphics+sound of each of the different factions attacking etc...all top notch. It's a shame more people didn't like this game. I can see how having such a complicated control scheme is very off putting to many people but I can't really think of a better control scheme myself...so I dont know what to tell you
+1 man, innovation and design at its finest. You're definitely right about the graphics though. That's another reason I couldn't believe the game was from 2009. They look so damn good, especially now with retina.

Wait, when did this game become only $0.99???

Last edited by backtothis; 07-27-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
+1 man.

Wait, when did this game become only $0.99???
It's .99 cents till episode 3 & 4 come out. It's been like that since after it went free I think for the app a day thing
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
It's .99 cents till episode 3 & 4 come out. It's been like that since after it went free I think for the app a day thing
Holy shit. I seriously can't believe people aren't buying it..it's less popular than all of the other RTS games for some reason. I really wish the game had been advertised better. It's in my top 10 for the iOS and will be for a long time.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:33 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Holy shit. I seriously can't believe people aren't buying it..it's less popular than all of the other RTS games for some reason. I really wish the game had been advertised better. It's in my top 10 for the iOS and will be for a long time.
Yea controls are complicated Which is the biggest reason I think. But the controls are actually awesome. It's just a very complicated game. And without a great tutorial, it makes it hard to get into it.

With the amount of fun I've had and the quality of the product. I would've payed a lot more for this lol. I wonder if it's gonna come for ps vita? It would be so perfect (with a few adjustments like better tutorials)
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yea controls are complicated Which is the biggest reason I think. But the controls are actually awesome. It's just a very complicated game. And without a great tutorial, it makes it hard to get into it.

With the amount of fun I've had and the quality of the product. I would've payed a lot more for this lol. I wonder if it's gonna come for ps vita? It would be so perfect (with a few adjustments like better tutorials)
I hope they do release the new update eventually. A better tutorial should be in there. They really need to make it free again if they ever do update the game and make a big deal about. After going free for a few days, it'll hopefully have climbed the free charts, giving it a boost on sales once it reverts to a paid game.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
I hope they do release the new update eventually. A better tutorial should be in there. They really need to make it free again if they ever do update the game and make a big deal about. After going free for a few days, it'll hopefully have climbed the free charts, giving it a boost on sales once it reverts to a paid game.
with recent news about some developers getting free development kits for vita i wonder if catinabox will be able to get in on this . The vita "should" have more of a hardcore user base so maybe Red Conquest! will be better appreciated there?....thoughts?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I know it's been a while since the good old days, but if anyone is still up for a game, which I'm sure some of you guys are, shoot me a pm for my iMessage email, or add me on AIM. Still a huge fan of the game, and plat online with my girlfriend every now and then.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

So is Episode 3 going to come out soon?