Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Being a huge FFT fan, played the original a good 30-40 times when I was younger, finished the PSP version 2 times and am now currently powering my way through this one.

I'd say this has the best controls - you can simply do stuff faster, since the whole ui is touch enabled.

They did an amazing job with the controls.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This is a really good port and I will gladly double-dip when the iPad version goes live. That is likely to be the best version EVAR. Touch is simply a better interface.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:02 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I'm in agony here. I must've played the original playstation version like five times. I haven't played it since then. I really want to buy it but I just got a shiny new iPad 2 and don't have an iPhone. Damn you SquareEnix!

Actually, I'm sure I played it much more than that. I wasted a lot of youth on that game.

Last edited by Ghenjei; 08-04-2011 at 02:10 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Okay, don't know if this has already been mentioned yet or not, but in the Options, "12. Touch-Activated Menu Items" Turn this from off to on, and omg I am soooooo much happier with the controls now.

I am personally experiencing a little slowdown on spell cast, but haven't restarted phone since getting things up and running in the game, having trouble putting it down long enough to do so.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Really curious about the ipad version.

the iphone version has huge borders on top and bottom to keep the 16:9 ratio of the psp screen.

Wonder if the ipad version will have even bigger ones?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadon09 View Post
Tell me how it runs on your 2nd gen device when you get it, pretty plz?
it runs on my 2g I've played the first two battle n so far it only lags when there's a spell but it doesn't ruin any gameplay
Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I noticed Chaos Rings Omega is on sale now to celebrate the release of Tactics. Only 26% off whilst the original Final Fantasy games are 45% off? Why can't they just use the same discount for all of their games?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 AM
iPhone 5

I just spent a good hour taking my time enjoying the beginning cutscenes, first two opening battles, reorganizing my party, and changing some options around in settings. The only gripes I can see are a very slight slowdown on certain spells, and the blue bars during combat could have easily been removed to just have the menu/ok buttons as an overlay. And that's been really picky.

I didn't find any issues with the text, and all sound levels seem to be great. I haven't played this since the Psx days, (never owned a Psp) and I really love the updated dialogue compared to the original version. The cutscenes are also beautiful, they are sewn seamlessly into gameplay, which is a treat (you had to watch lego people the whole time in the original).

Last edited by Cilo; 08-04-2011 at 04:26 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 AM
iPhone 5

At first I was sort of shocked at how the ui is, but you slowly adapt to it. When you get to the world map THAT is when I remembered the great final fantasy tactics, spent a good amount of time thinking about how i'm going to level up my characters, and equipping them with armor and skills. I can easily say this version brings the nostalgic FFT feel that every version gives.

To new players do the tutorials, this game can eat up players who charge into the game not knowing how anything works.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:38 AM

How are the graphics on the ipad 2?