★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Is there an alternative to accelerometer controls? Seems like it might feel kinda clunky otherwise.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Doodle Jump is one of my all-time iOS favourite games. That said, it's really disappointing, after a looong time of "development", after many promises that it would be special as others pointed before me, to buy essentially the same game again.

Pricing would not usually be a problem for me, so I'll try to choose my words so that I'm not misunderstood: I would have payed $30 for the original game which I really love, BUT I'm not comfortable (but did, anyway) paying $3 for this half-baked copycat "HD" version, though I admit it's easily worth it.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus

09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I bought it awhile ago, its pretty fun, I guess. Not as good as the original, I don't know why...

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStephen View Post
Why are you guys complaining about three bucks?
Because it's three bucks.

Life's too Short for long-Ass Cut Scenes

GameCenter: JCat
09-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Because Money don't grow on the Trees yet and as an iPad Owner i don't see a reason why i should pay for the same Content 2x/3x of the normal Price or like in this Case pay for the Games twice and even more just to see that i get the same as at the normal Version.
Wait, money doesn't grow on trees? Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Is there an alternative to accelerometer controls? Seems like it might feel kinda clunky otherwise.
As of now, no. But I feel like the iPad version was made so you don't have to dramatically tilt to get the desired result. It feels right.

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings
09-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Doodle Jump for iPad!

Doodle Jump, the wildly successful iPhone platforming game, is at last coming out with an iPad version. Doodle Jump for iPad should be launching on the App Store later today according to developer Lima Sky.The game features the same addictive jumping and shooting gameplay as the iPhone original, but optimized for the iPad's much larger screen.
11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanksgiving

Can we get a Thanksgiving update please? I'd love to see a pilgrim/native American shooting turkeys and whatnot. Might be fun!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow a post here after more than 5 quarters.

I AM BACK AFTER A YEAR LONG HIATUS

Twitter : mkpred PSN : akpred GameCenter : akpred