Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
The graphics are impressive and controls adequate. But, I am going to go against the grain here and say that the game plays like a very generic fps and is not that fun. It reminds me of a gameloft game, it's just missing something for me.
It's not a fps, and it's really nothing like a Gameloft game, except that it's a game.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcā View Post
One thing I'm not a fan of is the way I have to aim. I would like to aim using my finger rather than using the aim button and dragging on the aim button. Like all the other FPSs and TPS on the AppStore. That control method works well and would be a welcomed sight in the next update.

Other than that this is amazing and really really fun, thanks MadFinger!!!!
There is no aim button. There is a fire button. You swipe the right side of the screen to look/aim. I'm not sure what game you're playing.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
One thing I'm not a fan of is the way I have to aim. I would like to aim using my finger rather than using the aim button and dragging on the aim button. Like all the other FPSs and TPS on the AppStore. That control method works well and would be a welcomed sight in the next update.

What are you talking about? You can aim by sliding anywhere on the right hand side of the screen. Once you start firing you can drag the fire button to change your aim.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:

For you and anyone having the same issue: Go into the controls and set the control scheme to "Static Move Pad". Problem solved.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibebyi View Post
Hey, Gameloft. This is how it's done.
Preach.
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
No lie; "holy f**king shit" is exactly what I'm thinking right now. This puts every Gameloft campaign to shame; hell, it puts Dead Space to campaign. Just finished the intro, and I seriously cannot wait to play more. Unfortunately, I'll be doing work for the next five hours or so and probably won't get to play more until sometime tomorrow. Definitely going to finish this one time before the weekend is over though. This game wasn't just hype. This shit lives up. It lives up. No joke, this is taking iOS gaming to the next level. No exaggeration necessary when I say this puts every Gameloft campaign to shame once again. And oh, the voice acting? Holy shit. The graphics? Holy shit. No framerate problems on the 4th generation iPod. The gameplay even lives up. Both the Samurai games were pretty damn good, but this is taking it ten levels beyond, no joke. There's no hype not being lived up to here. This isn't Infinity Blade kids. Oh, this isn't going to be easy either. The AI isn't worthless trash like in Gameloft's games. But yeah, I'm still hyped up after playing that first level. Good shit. But um, please fix the numerous typos in the intro. What's up with that? Saw at least six of them. Like someone said earlier though, if this gets multiplayer, it's game over. On the iOS, this level hasn't been reached yet no doubt. Shadowgun is setting the standards around here now. I'll pay $9.99 a pop to any developer making games on par with Shadowgun. Shit, man.
This.

Btw, does anyone else think that the text is blurry? That's my only problem and it is a minor problem because I can still read it.
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
It's not a fps, and it's really nothing like a Gameloft game, except that it's a game.
Ya, I edited that already and still think that it's a very generic game. I'd love to here how it is not. It plays like a dumbed down gears to me without the soul.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So, I've completed the first level.

The introduction is pretty amazing. The best on iOS yet.

The voice acting is phenomenal. It's really, really good and Slade is voiced perfectly.

Graphically, this the best on iOS. Better than Infinity Blade, considering everything going on. It's a real treat.

Although there are a couple of little things I was hoping to see:

The explosions are a little underwhelming.

The lighting doesn't seem to be dynamic (doesn't change, when under shade for example)

Your character doesn't cast real time shadows, nor leave bullet impressions on the environment. These observations are merely meant as a graphical immersion analysis.

These are small niggles, in an overall stunning game for iOS specifically. Considering the platform, as a whole, really needs more titles like Shadowgun - I am, overall, highly impressed and can recommend the game to any action, shooter or adrenaline enthusiast.

A side note, I was rather surprised to see little hacking puzzles, which remind me of Mass Effect thrown in.

A nice touch, indeed Madfinger

Last edited by Pacificsun0481; 09-27-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
Ya, I edited that already and still think that it's a very generic game. I'd love to here how it is not. It plays like a dumbed down gears to me without the soul.
Well then "hear" this, you didn't say generic (I haven't played enough to comment intelligently on that point *hint*), you said like a Gameloft game. It's not. Graphically, it looks nothing like them. There is no guide arrow. I'm interested in how you've determined within an hour of release that it's like a dumbed down Gears.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
For you and anyone having the same issue: Go into the controls and set the control scheme to "Static Move Pad". Problem solved.
Actually, his problem is that he doesn't know how to aim since there is no aim button.
He is just moving his finger on the fire button to aim like a dual stick.
It doesn't have anything to do with the movement pad.