Support our Sponsors:
|View Poll Results: When playing Animal Trackers, which control method do you see yourself mostly using?|
|Finger point: Tracker moves to where you point to.||2||18.18%|
|D-pad: Tracker moves in same direction as position of thumb relative to centre of on-screen d-pad.||9||81.82%|
|Accelerometer tilt: Tracker moves in the direction the iDevice is tilted.||0||0%|
|Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Animal Trackers (Release Date: Thursday 3rd May 2012)
I'd like to introduce my game 'Animal Trackers', which is currently nearing completion.
If you'd like to follow along as the game progresses, please visit my development blog at animaltracker.wordpress.com.
Below is the first trailer for the game, a few screenshots and the game description.
All comments and questions are welcome.
Animal Trackers Trailer
Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
The Cast: Team Tracker (foreground) and Team Quarry (background)
Team Quarry has challenged Team Tracker to the ultimate tracking competition across 50 levels, from lush lawns, through grassland, across rivers, through snow, up mountains and beneath the sweltering heat of the desert to prove once and for all, which team is best.
With a parting taunt of "Catch us if you can!", Team Quarry has already made a flying start with Chicko, their first member, already on his way. Team Tracker has elected Foxy to take the first leg of the challenge and track down Chicko before time runs out and the trail goes cold.
Guide each member of Team Tracker, each specialised in tracking two members of Team Quarry, by following the foot-, paw-, or hoof-prints that make up Team Quarry's trail. Beware, though, as Team Quarry isn't going to make things easy and so may have a few tricks up its proverbial sleeves.
Be prepared for doubled-back trails, trails disappearing down holes, multiple trails, trails that cross water, hedges that need to be hacked, boulders that need to be moved, switches that need to be flipped, snow that will slow you down and sand dunes that need to be negotiated... these are just some of the obstacles you'll be confronted with... plus in 'hard' mode, you'll have less time to do it in, so shortcuts will also need to be found.
Oh, and if you think you're a master tracker, why not rub in your ultimate victory by finding all 50 golden eggs hidden throughout the levels and wave them under Team Quarry's nose.
* 50 levels
* 5 different terrains, including lawns, grassland, snow, mountains and desert
* 10 different Team Quarry animals, each with its own unique tracks
* 5 different Team Tracker animals, each specialised in tracking two members of Team Quarry
* Graded rewards, from 1 star for just finishing a level in time, to 3 stars for finding all the short cuts to finish a level in a super quick time
* 50 golden eggs to find and carry to the end of the levels in the fastest time possible
* 3 fast paced tunes to get you in the mood, or listen to your own music in the background
* High score table detailing best score, stars achieved and egg discovered for each level
* Lots of achievements leading to graded titles awarded for mastering various aspects of the game
* Game Center support
* 3 difficulty modes: 'easy' for young children; 'medium' for casual gamers; and 'hard' for players wanting a real challenge
* 3 control methods, including finger point, d-pad, and accelerometer tilt
So, have you got what it takes to guide Team Tracker to an emphatic victory and earn the most prestigious title of 'Maestro Grandslammer'?
Last edited by DaveA; 04-28-2012 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Updated video and title screen image