App description: Blast away at an increasing barrage of asteroids to protect earth from destruction!

Tap your screen to fire missiles at incoming asteroids, watch the immense explosions push away or shatter their targets. Aim carefully because the more missiles explode the more panic is caused and the slower earth's evacuation progresses. The moment you can no longer hold of the barrage of asteroids you witness the end of earth as it has never been shown in any mobile game.

Can you hold of the asteroids long enough, giving mankind a chance to survive?

PRESS

"Eve of Impact is among the 5 best iPhone games of the week. Theres something both haunting and mesmerizing about this one."
Appolicious

"A beautifully crafted game exhibiting an original idea with detailed lights, explosions and missile trails. I can definitely recommend it."
AppAdvice 5/5

"The graphics, animations, physics, and sounds all come together to create one hell of an immersive experience, especially for an arcade tapping game."
The App Shack 4/5

"A simple, yet well-done mix of Asteroids and Missile Command thats perfect for a minute or two of free time."
Slide to Play 4/5

"Eve of Impact does a magnificent take at saving the earth from impending destruction by asteroids, with its stunning visual effects and simplistic gameplay style."
What's On iPhone 4/5

HIGHLIGHTS

Cinematic lifelike visuals that will pull you in.
Challenging fast and strategic gameplay.
Unique gameplay influenced score system.
Dramatic and thrilling end game animations.
Online leader boards and achievements.
Ideal for those short pick up and play sessions.
Can be enjoyed on both your iPad and iPhone.

CREDITS

Soundtrack by Remy van Dun

Beta testing by Frank Buiting, Leon Schrijvers and Marc te Vruchte

rikschennink's comments:

10-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Interesting! I'm about to look for a gameplay video.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
There's a link to the website (which has a video of the game) in the opening post. I'll see if I can upload a video to youtube tonight! Thanks for your response! :-)

http://www.eveofimpact.com
10-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Added Video for everyones convenience. :-)

Check out my iOS game Eve of Impact and / or follow me on Twitter ;-)
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikschennink View Post
There's a link to the website (which has a video of the game) in the opening post. I'll see if I can upload a video to youtube tonight! Thanks for your response! :-)

http://www.eveofimpact.com
Thanks!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Very interesting looking game.. Almost looks like a hawt lookin version of missile command but better lol ;p I look forward to trying it out
10-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionnoirO View Post
Very interesting looking game.. Almost looks like a hawt lookin version of missile command but better lol ;p I look forward to trying it out
I'd love to hear your impressions!

10-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm really really enjoying this game! The strategic elements are a great addition to the arcade gameplay... another mode or maybe some (i hate to say it because the game wasn't made with it in mind... but) story elements would go a long way. I know it says in the description that you're planning on adding GameCenter, but there's so many games that get "forgotten" and are never updated because of poor sales, I hope that doesn't happen here.

Oh yeah... also, the graphics, animations, sounds, physics... all come together to create a pretty immersive game (which is hard to do with an arcade tapper, but you've pulled it off EXTREMELY well!).

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches!!, Castle Doombad, Relic Run, Battleheart Legacy, H&C2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;:Access To Arasaka, Delerium, Anhedonia
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I'm really really enjoying this game! The strategic elements are a great addition to the arcade gameplay... another mode or maybe some (i hate to say it because the game wasn't made with it in mind... but) story elements would go a long way. I know it says in the description that you're planning on adding GameCenter, but there's so many games that get "forgotten" and are never updated because of poor sales, I hope that doesn't happen here.

Oh yeah... also, the graphics, animations, sounds, physics... all come together to create a pretty immersive game (which is hard to do with an arcade tapper, but you've pulled it off EXTREMELY well!).
Thanks! I'm already working on Game Center support, don't worry about it, you'll have it! :-)

10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Game Impressions

Attracted by the video I bought the game.
I'll be honest, when I saw the size of the download I was a bit esitant...but I'm really glad I did bought it because I'm enjoying it a lot.
Despite the tiny size, the graphics is really wonderful and combined with the music it is really inspiring.
The game is like missile command on steroids...I love all the nice graphical touches like the sense of gravity, the animations, the fact that the asteroid turn on fire when entering the atmosphere.
Congrats to dev, you did an incredible job packing all that goodness in such a tiny package.
Gameplay has more meat than expected, I like it and it's really fun...I'm surprised not to see much more love for this game.
If I may suggest....the icon is not on par with the ingame graphics and the game just SCREAMS for Gamecenter.
A Twitter integration could do some free advertising too (something like 'Pitta just saved 49.000 human beings before Earth was destroyed').
I would love to see this concept expanded...like some sort of story, maybe an alien attack...I do not know...somehow you managed to create a little 'lifelike' world...I'm tempted to pinch to zoom Earth down to a city expecting to see people running for a pod....
No small task in such a tiny package, congratulations.
I love the simple menu too and the 'video' thing.