★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The time for your ultimate adventure has come! Create your hero today and jump right into the action!
Fight against terrifying monsters where you choose and trigger your abilities in our unique time-based battle system!
Customize your character with thousands of options and become a Shadow Walker, War Mage or Justicar!
Explore dangerous dungeons, complete over 300 quests and gather loot!
Enjoy a massively multiplayer experience with real time chat, guilds and raids!
Battle other players in PvP and show off your latest gear!
Upgrade your player with powerful skills and abilities and customize with special equipment!
Save your home from the evil forces of darkness!
Book of Heroes is constantly being updated with new features, group raids, and cool content! Give it a try, it's FREE!
Visit our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/bookofheroes for news and promotions, and to Like us :)
This game requires an internet connection.

Venan's comments:
Here is the thread for Add Me Requests:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112546

Please keep this thread to Game Discussion Only

Welcome to Book Of Heroes!
by Venan Entertainment (creator of last year's TA GOTY Space Miner!)

!!! Launching Worldwide Dec. 1st !!!

In the sleepy village of Glenfort, a great evil is awakening.
A hero will rise to meet it - will that hero be you?

- Complete quests and defeat powerful enemies to save your home and stop an ancient evil from taking over the world!
- Customize your hero from the ground up - choose your face, gender, hair style and more!
- Specialize in one of three classes - the powerful Justicar, stealthy Shadow Walker, or the wise War Mage!
- Outfit your hero with thousands of unique equipment options, each one affecting their appearance!
- Battle an army of beautifully-rendered hand-painted foes in fun RPG-inspired combat!
- Take on powerful bosses to earn rare equipment and valuable loot!
- Complete over 75 unique quests!
- Achieve over 25 different Feats of Heroism to increase your Hero Score!
- Use Friend Codes or invite Game Center Friends to share progress with your friends, view their heroes, and compete for the highest Hero Score!
11-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow...

Instant buy for me. I love your last game!

11-03-2011, 04:34 PM
looking forward for a video and for the release in my country.

Feel free to add me in GC: Nin Kuji
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Free and only 17.7mb.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/book-of-heroes/id455999097?mt=8

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Looks great, will it get a universal release?
11-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Any planned date for a US release? Looks nice.
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
Instant buy for me. I love your last game!
It isn't a "buy" type of game. It is free but then you must maintain enough energy bolts to continue on quests. You get a certain amount of energy bolts in real time (I think) or at least this is what I am trying to figure out.

So far it has a great turn based attack system and you add different abilities as you level up.

It has only crashed once - and not really a crash, just in the middle of a battle it suddenly said you must be connected to either wifi or 3G to play, and I was. I just started again and it started me at the point before that battle so I didn't really lose too much progress. Just a swipe or two.

Excellent story and definitely great fun!

@BazookaTime - I think Venan said in a couple weeks if all goes well with the servers.

Edit/Add: Oh yeah, meant to ask - seems like from the screenshots you have a log of the quests you complete. How do you access that? I have completed several quests now and the button I THINK is to access the quests only shows my progress on the current accepted quest. I can't find a spot to access completed ones.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 11-03-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added a question
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
It isn't a "buy" type of game. It is free but then you must maintain enough energy bolts to continue on quests. You get a certain amount of energy bolts in real time (I think) or at least this is what I am trying to figure out.
So basically a "hardcore freemium" game? It looked it from the screens. Venan then too. Another one bites the dust.
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Book of Heroes - iPhone - HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone 4/First few Minutes of Gameplay):

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-04-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
is this some kind of online rpg? or why does this require an internet connection?