Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Default Battle Nations from Z2Live is Live

Hey All,

We've just launched Battle Nations on the AppStore. Its Game of the Week on iPad and in New & Noteworthy on the iPhone. You can check out the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqi8g...el_video_title

And the game here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-nations/id453801888?mt=8

See you on the battle field. Add me: Fazu
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ok, how does this work? If its one of those games that introduces anxiety by persisting even when I'm not playing I won't bother. If I can safely switch off and pick up again where I left it later I'm in.

I hate games where your crops go to shite or you get attacked because you were busy in the real world.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Well, This game seems right up my alley.. so I decided to give it a try.

The first impression I get is that it's rather buggy? I'm on an iPad2 iOS 5.0.1.. During that first "teach you how to control your troops" battle, the game restarted on me when I went to fire my cannon.. =/

Currently i'm at level 3 and stuck .. I have 4 camps and one shelter and seem to be stuck on 19 people in my population. I've built the Stone Quarry and a couple of Resource depots near some resources but nothing seems to happen.. click on the resource depots and they say i need to build more houses not enough population.. so i "sell" some of the resource depots and no money ever goes back to my gold pile (suppose to do that?) and it says i can't build anymore camps until i level up.. but i can't level up because i can't do anything lol
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Looks like it would be a try worth will check it out and report back as soon as i can
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Well, This game seems right up my alley.. so I decided to give it a try.

The first impression I get is that it's rather buggy? I'm on an iPad2 iOS 5.0.1.. During that first "teach you how to control your troops" battle, the game restarted on me when I went to fire my cannon.. =/

Currently i'm at level 3 and stuck .. I have 4 camps and one shelter and seem to be stuck on 19 people in my population. I've built the Stone Quarry and a couple of Resource depots near some resources but nothing seems to happen.. click on the resource depots and they say i need to build more houses not enough population.. so i "sell" some of the resource depots and no money ever goes back to my gold pile (suppose to do that?) and it says i can't build anymore camps until i level up.. but i can't level up because i can't do anything lol
Hmm...a little disappointing but seeing how it's free, I'm going to give it a try anyway. I couldn't get into Trade Nations but Battle Nations seems right up my alley. Maybe I'm just a little violent sonnuvagun.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Battle Nations is a very, very good game, assuming you like this style of gameplay...and maybe even if you don't. It's much like a typical resource-management, town-building simulation, only instead of raising bunnies, you get to shoot people in the face! Yes, that's right ladies, it's a city-sim 'for boys'.

Build a barracks, a few pillboxes, and one-metric-ton of mining equipment (...and some cabbages) right up until your base comes under attack. Then you send in your troops to duke it out on a tactical, turn-based battlefield, each unit with differing strengths and weaknesses. Once you annihilate the sniveling enemy soldiers, you return to your camp for some rest and relaxation, only to be assaulted again 5 minutes later by a similar onslaught of pimple-faced, pug-nosed army brats.

It's not just crops and combat, either, as there is a host of very artful characters that move you through the story with unprecedented humor and hijinks. Also expect all the progression, building mechanics, and additive upgrades that you see in games of this ilk. The whole package seems remarkably well thought out, fluid, and fun. This is the closest you'll get to Empires & Allies on iDevice at this point in time.

The developers took everything they learned from Trade Nations, which is already best-of-breed in my opinion, and then added a healthy dose of bloodthirsty, nail-biting, neck-punching warfare, which is precisely what I wanted.

Last edited by djflippy; 11-19-2011 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 11-18-2011, 06:03 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Ok, I built a stone quarry and a resource center next to it, but no stones are produced. What is wrong? I have enough workers... I have no idea, what to do...

Add me: dukecrom

EDIT: The way was blocked by a camp, which I have build in front of the res center

What I dislike in this game is that I have to collect the resources by myself... That is annoying.
Because of that player unfriendly game mechanism, I do not think that I will play this game a long time.

@DEVS TRY TO FIND A BETTER AND MORE HONEST WAY TO EARN YOUR MONEY! WHAT ABOUT INVENTING SOMETHING NEW?????

Last edited by Cromwell; 11-18-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
Ok, I built a stone quarry and a resource center next to it, but no stones are produced. What is wrong? I have enough workers... I have no idea, what to do...
I take it you figured out how to get yours to work. I went back to the objective on the left side of the screen and tapped the 'Give' button, and then the stone quarry started processing stone. I don't know what the 'Give' button did but it worked. Oh well. I agree with flippy: this is a pretty good "free to play" type game. I like the army theme.

Edit - Impressions:
Been playing this for a couple days and I must say Battle Nations is fantastic and lots of fun! It's surprising this is made by the same developer of Trade Nations b/c while it's definitely similar in many ways to that game, BN is also very different from TN. For one, BN has Retina graphics which is nice; the artwork is gorgeous; the witty and funny banter btw characters is charming; and the really cool addition of turn-based battles does a great job of breaking up the monotony. Thus far into the game, the missions are also plentiful and varied and with random encounters popping up here and there, there's always something to do. B/c it's a "free to play" game, it does have an in-game currency (nanopods this time) but thus far, I've reached Level 6 in a couple days and haven't spent a penny. Nanopods will immediately finish missions and quests but you can also wait them out if you have the patience and w/so much to do in-game, that's not a hard thing to do.

Last edited by EB1089; 11-21-2011 at 06:07 AM..