★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: iMAME is an application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten.

Includes;

Circus
Crash
Fire One
Hard Hat
Robot Bowl
Side Track
Spectar
Star Fire
Targ

Note: iMAME is not officially endorsed by Nicola Salmoria or the MAME Team. iMAME is based on the iMame4all Xcode Project by Les Bird.

AnarKitty's comments:
(Mod Edit)

To make it clear for everyone:

YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS HERE. YOU CANNOT POST LINKS FOR ROM HERE. YOU CANNOT GIVE OUT THE NAME OF ROM WEBSITES HERE. DO NOT PM PEOPLE TO ASK FOR ANY OF THESE THINGS EITHER -- ESPECIALLY NOT MODERATORS.

Technical discussions are fine, as well as reports of what works or doesn't work. Keep in mind that downloading and playing arcade ROMs is of questionable legality. Do not make us to go into this thread and start deleting posts.

Thanks!

Dunno about anyone else, but this is my ultimate Xmas miracle: a version of MAME on the App Store! Hope it works.
12-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'm thinking you'll have to have a jailbroken device to do this... but is there any way to transfer mame games from your PC to the app?

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)

12-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I'm thinking you'll have to have a jailbroken device to do this... but is there any way to transfer mame games from your PC to the app?
Yeah iexplorer. I'm trying to use it but after i try to start up the game in emulater I'm getting errors. other users have had success though

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
12-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Yeah iexplorer. I'm trying to use it but after i try to start up the game in emulater I'm getting errors. other users have had success though
thanks for the info. =o)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Just picked this up, I love emulators.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm so happy. Got a lot to work. Love it
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
So can I get Super Mario brothers 3 on this?
12-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh Snap!

Logic Pro 1 + 2, here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Can someone confirm if you can get other games to work on here? Maybe directions would help too
12-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Can someone confirm if you can get other games to work on here? Maybe directions would help too
this. I have crusin USA and SMB3 but i cant get them to work. Tried putting the .zip into the apps/iMAME/documents directory but to no avail.