★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Love movies, TV or music? Then grab SWYS: The Collection HD - now FREE to play!

01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
We've just launched the new Rock Bands DLC!

It's an awesome canvas, created in collaboration with Roadrunner Records.

To celebrate here's a snapshot of the new canvas that you can download in the app now:

What's more, if you can name all 10 bands we've numbered in this picture (the full picture features 50!) below, we'll enter you in a draw to win a $20 iTunes voucher!

Good luck, and check out the full (and FREE!) app here: www.tinyurl.com/swysapp2
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I've already played quite a bit of SWYS on iPad, so the idea of getting an HD version is a nice one!

01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullwinkleJ View Post
I've already played quite a bit of SWYS on iPad, so the idea of getting an HD version is a nice one!
The HD version is 3x the resolution, so the canvases look AMAZING - you can even see the grain of the canvas boards they were painted on in some cases!
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
New canvas out today: Fantasy Movies!

This stunning bit of art is painted by Ryan Firchau, an ex-Rare (Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Kinectimals) concept artist, and you can certainly see the classic Rare look in full force here. Here's a quick Touch Arcade-exclusive interview with Ryan for you:

SWYS: Hi Ryan! Ok, so first question - how did you find painting your first Say What You See canvas?

Ryan: The wide range of clues incorporated some subject matter I haven't tackled before so that was refreshing and fun. As a Concept Artist you tend to draw a lot of the same subject matter, so it makes a pleasant change to come out of your comfort zone. I think I probably under estimated the amount of work required to make the canvas look good.The biggest challenge came from a compositional aspect due predominantly to the large number of clues that needed to be incorporated and positioning them within the scene. But it was a great experience!

SWYS: Which puzzle on the canvas was your favourite to paint?

Ryan: Well, I spent the most time on the troll and dragon as they're really the focal point of the whole canvas. But the puzzle I enjoyed painting the most was definitely the one featuring Charlie Sheen - I hardly ever do caricatures so it was a real challenge, but I think I ended up, uh, 'Winning'!

SWYS: Finally, what are your favourite Fantasy Movies (That may or may not feature in the canvas!

Ryan: My all time favorite fantasy film has to be Labyrinth. I've watched that film more times then I can remember. Of course, I also love the Lord of the Rings trilogy - how could you not?
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Yep, I'd totally be interested in a code!
06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh, sorry the app's totally free to download now, you don't need one!

Here's the download link.
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM

We're currently running a competition on our website to win an iPad mini here which we'd love you to enter:

www.swysapp.com/comp

If you post in this thread and tell us what you'd like for Christmas, we'll give you a bonus entry to the competition too!

You can also get bonus entries by sharing on Facebook or Twitter!
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Sure send me a promo code please!
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Sure send me a promo code please!
Hi Connector!

The app's free to download, so no code needed. Why not give it a go, and enter our iPad contest?